Please pray for Taylor Swift

I on occasion pray novenas for celebrities. This time around it is Taylor Swift.

From what I read Ms. Swift likes to write songs about powerful relationships she has had, in particular x-boyfriends. This got me thinking that what this daughter of the church needs (Taylor is catholic) is a powerful experience with Jesus, love itself!

So I’ve said a fifty four day rosary and chaplet of divine mercy novena for her and some fasting. Much of that prayer was done with my sons as part of their bedtime prayers. I believe in teaching spiritual warfare at an early age. :slight_smile:

America is in a critical period right now and I have an inkling from the Holy Spirit that Taylor’s true calling is yet to be fully discovered by her. She has the ability to influence the whole country for good or for evil through her music and talent.

I have asked god to protect her, heal and strengthen her mother who has cancer, and to give her powerful experiences with his Majesty.

I’m an old hat at spiritual war. May god send into her life holy intercessors and guides to teach her and remove for her life bad friends and influences.

Triune God at this hour claim your daughter Tailor for your plans of salvation and true prosperity. Give her a heart that hates vanity and hungers for you with an insatiable appetite. Let her be unhappy until she finds true happiness and also grant her the special favor of devotion to your blessed mother and our mother, Mary queen of angels, through the recitation of the rosary. I pray she discovers the chaplet of divine mercy as well. May you grant her my god the gift of spiritual discernment and the ability to read hearts. Grant her someone who can reveal the meanings of the dreams you send her.

May heaven grant her powerful angels of protection, healing, and guidance who will faithfully stay with her. May she gain the help of the entire heavenly court.

May she find great peace and wisdom as well as virtues and humility in abundance.

May the blessed mother shine upon her the rays from all her rings this day and every day of her life. May she be granted a holy life and a holy ending. May her life be long and her good deeds shine in eternity. May heaven know her name.

I ask this through the precious blood of jesus and for the love of the father for the son and the son for the father.

Amen

Praying for her.

Praying with you on this.

Offering prayers.

Ok Ok joining in :slight_smile:

Praying for her intentions.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to her assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen. †

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. †

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen. †

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen. †

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen. †

:signofcross: :blessyou:

Sadly, she can influence the world with a blink of an eye, whether good or bad. I used to admire her when she chose to enjoy her singleness rather than gripe about bad relationships & loneliness, but it seems she changed her mind back to before. I will pray for her sanity…that she fearlessly stops running from God (whether she knows Him or not) & admits it to the world, dresses modestly, & lives only for Him who sets us free. We can’t promise that celebrities will drastically change in our time, but we can hope for the better…hope that God will someday return her back to Him in His perfect plan. We have the gift of free will…I will also pray that she uses it wisely to earn her way to Heaven. May God bless you for having compassion for her to be a better person…striving to teach your children not through her but the Christian way of life that God expects of us to live…it’s inspiring.

Dear Kiwibliss,

Hear that sound? “Crunch crunch crunch.”

That is the sound of our lady crushing the head of countless devils that stand in the way of Taylor and a deeper understanding what life is about and the true beauty of the Roman Catholic Church.

It will start with her getting bored in her wealth, celebrity power, nice homes, handsome boufriends, nice clothes, nice vacations, and talent.

She will start to ask, “is this all life has to offer? Is there a god? Can one experience god in a profound way?”

And then BOOM! The graces star flowing more into her heart as she ask god to reveal himself to her. Things will happen as they happen and she will find a good book about the faith, or a holy person will guide her, or she will have a dream. Then she will find the rosary and start to pray it. For the first few years she will feel nothing from her rosary prayer but will continue because she will sense the evil in her life and the world. She will feel satan tearing at her mind with doubts and accusation and the silence of god in her heart will be deafening. Until she experiences her first consolation and feels the lower of the confessional booth and the most holy Eucharist. In waves the power of the church and he peace of Jesus will fill her heart. The rosary will become a joy and an oasis of love, joy, peace, wisdom, and power.

I boast in Christ that I am used to God Hearing my prayers and answering them. I have with his help brought over some hardened sinners into belief away from addiction, perversion, occultism, depression, and insanity. I submit that for me glory is found in rescuing souls and in Helping saints grow.

I believe that Tailor will find God and he will respond.

I have contacts with two convents and have asked that Carmelite sisters in Paris and the sisters of Bethlehem in upstate New York pray for her as well.

I fear for anyone who tries to deceive Tailor or intimidate her.

Right now I hope she learns to fight insults not with the worlds methods but with gods.

Darn I don’t have time to correct he misspellings and grammar. I’m on my iPhone and everyone is almost finished with their ice cream.

Bk

Why dont u think Taylor Swift has not yet found God? Why are u all praying for her like she needs help? :confused:

Because her songs and videos reflect a purely human perspective and understanding without representing the sacred and because she has great power and I hope for her that she uses it for good and to help in revival for america.

Even without her music I find her likable.

And besides I pray a great deal daily for many people. What is it to you if I wish to bless and safeguard this daughter of god with prayer and strengthen the hedge of protection around her life?

Don’t you know about the evils in the music industry?

Bk

Well our God was both fully human & fully divine:.He did not debase the human. Now that is a mystery.
Taylor Swift is an artist, & artists present or describe ‘what is’, whether it be considered good, bad or ugly. They dont clothe it with their personal opinion or morals. That is why I dont think you can assume Taylor Swift is always describing her personal life via her music.
In fact, I think her music, as with all true art, can provoke a strong response in the receiver.
Art challenges us, sometimes with what we want to hide. And of course it will not be relevant or appreciated by everyone.

My thoughts. :slight_smile:

Have you ever written her a fan letter telling her you are praying for her and why? I think celebs are interested in what their fans think about them. Bet that might help.

Can’t help but wonder, do you have a crush on Miss Swift?

I ask this because in my younger days I had a mad crush on Karen Gillan (Amy Pond from Dr. Who). When I found out she was an unbaptized Catholic I would pray every day for her soul and that somehow, she would find her way back to the Church. I was sure that God would have mercy on her through my intercessory prayers.

Then came the day when she cut off her beautiful red locks of hair ( I’ve always had a thing for redheads). My crush on her ended instantly, and sadly, so did my daily prayers for her conversion.

Yeah I know, pretty shallow of me. But it taught me an important lesson of myself and prayer in general. God knows our motivations. He knows our needs better than we do and just trust in Our Lord and leave Taylor Swift in His hands.

These days, I tend to pray for all the unbaptized in general when I think of it. I’m not trying to dissuade you from praying for her, but personally I would pray for all Hollywood celebrities who are struggling with their faith. They are in tough mission territory.

Of course she is attractive to me, that is why I want her to stay beautiful and not go the way of Katy Perry, Gaga, Brittney Spears, and a few others who’s music have many evil symbols or makes evil look attractive.

Sorry Taylor if you ever read this and see your name in the same sentence with those “artists.” And I have prayed for those artists too and many others, but they are so far from god the battle for their souls is much more difficult. Taylor has not yet chosen sides explicitly with her music and she does have a love for god and people. But we are in a culture war and we are not winning.

Kiddos we are in a CRITICAL moment in this country when we are about to lose our world reserve currency status and with it our strong military, personal freedoms, societal integrity, and essentially become a very very poor country. All because we have abused our personal freedom and hated gods commandments and encouraged others to do the same.

Taylor swift is a young lady and though she is very smart and capable, she has no real experience or knowledge about the problems or evils of her world.

I recognize in her greatness, a god given talent, and power to change things in America. Like it or not she has become a symbol of hope and leadership and those types of people always get attacked hardest by the enemy.

With her music she can inspire people to materialism, lust, and egoism or to love, godliness, virtue, and revelation.

I am very fond of Ms Swift and I don’t want to see her fail with her life and miss this opportunity to be instrumental for America.

The proverbial pooh is about to hit the fans folks in America.

I am a strategic knight of our lady.

She could help swing he tide for Christ, but she first needs an intensely personal and powerful experience with Jesus. And from there I believe she will find new and powerful music that will be novel, beautiful, inspiring, and draw souls to god.

Kind of like the opposite of Katty Perry’s music that has many satanic symbols and draws people away from god.

Please pray for Taylor. Trust me. She has something more to offer. Maybe we will see it soon.

Bk

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.

Amen. †

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen. †

Amen. †

Amen. †

Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
I write, speak and do.

Amen. †

In the end I think I owe Taylor an apology. Who am I to judge someone’s work or application of talents. I am a great fan of her extremely positive song shake it off and it has helped me shake off some of the negativity of work and life.

I hope she continues to make positive music.

Bk

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.

Amen. †

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen. †

Amen. †

Amen. †

Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
I write, speak and do.

Amen. †

Prayers said again for this future saint. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.