Please pray for the late Hugo Chavez

Please pray for the late Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez( Full disclosure: although I admit that he was no mass murderer a la Mao, Castro or Stalin, his rule seemed autocratic enough to me -coupled with the sort of knee jerk assumption that any “anti-imperialist”(read generically anti-Western and especially anti-American) leader was by definition a good egg, a view still popular on the Left) whose death was announced yesterday, if not through the interecession of Spanish speaking saints like SS Laura, Ignatius of Loyola, Francis Xavier, Francis Solano, Aloysius Gonzaga ,Francis Borgia, Miguel Pro, the beatified Martyrs of The Spanish Civil War, then the following: Venerable Pierre Toussaint, Venerable Matt Talbot, Venerable Matt Talbot, Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, Blessed John Paul II,the Blessed Martyrs of Nowogrodek, SS Priscilla and Aquila, Felicity and Perpetua, Maximilian Kolbe.

Terry

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I was not a fan of his but I will pray for his soul and his family.

I did not like him, but I am sure people who do not like me still pray for me :wink: so I will do the same.

Praying
:gopray2:

Only knew what I saw in the media. I’m praying, too!

We are praying!

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
And after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.