Please pray for the Philippines...

Please pray for this predominantly Catholic nation, who is in the center of a potential global conflict right now which might even potentially incite a third world war.

Currently, China is intruding the Philippines sovereingty in the South China Sea (in the Spratley Islands) and is bullying it through military and other coercive means. In essence, this is about control of oil resources and shipping lanes. The Philippines in turn, has turned to the United States, its foremost ally for help and this is really “pissing China off”. Recently, the United States and Philippines have conducted military excercises in that region and this has really escalated the tension further…

Filipinos are a peaceful and friendly people and have no intention of going to war… nor does that country even have the means to fight one.

Please pray that this won’t start a third world war, and that negotiations between those countries involved in the South China Sea sovereingty issue could be done fairly, diplomatically and peacefully, not militarily. The world (especially, the USA) does not need another conflict like Iraq.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17836762
usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-04-26/south-china-sea-philippines/54566350/1
news.yahoo.com/philippine-u-stage-war-games-near-disputed-south-041836871.html

Our Lady of La Naval de Manila… pray for us.
Our lady of manaoag, pray for us

1 Like

Can you post a link to news source. I think I saw somethimng along these lines the other day.

I pray that everything will be peaceful in the Philippines

O merciful Lord please hear our prayers

Hal Mary…

Amen.

Mother Mary, please make your intentions in this matter come true. I recommend all Filipinos to you. Amen.

Hail Mary…

Pray for peace… please.

Its hard because they do not even want to negotiate or bring international mediators to settle the claims fairly but would rather bully for their demands.

ph.news.yahoo.com/china-rejects-philippine-request-mediation-sea-row-173549920.html

I am praying very Hard

I am praying

Dear Lord please help the friends that live in the philippines

Hail Mary…

Please pray that China can be more diplomatic and respect UN protocol instead of engaging in one-sided talks and bullying its smaller neigbhours including Vietnam and Malaysia as well.

Hail Mary…

praying

praying

Praying for the Philippines…

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.Your kingdom come, your will be done,on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth. O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Remember, O most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who implored your help and sought your intercession were left unassisted.
Full of confidence in your power I fly unto you and beg your protection.
Despise not O Guardian of the Redeemer my humble supplication, but in your bounty, hear and answer me. Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Oh, Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee … that China stops bullying its neighbors.

still praying

Praying hard for peace.

Thank you…

On behalf of my home country, I would like to say thank you all and to everybody who is praying for the Philippines. We know that God has a plan for our country to be the light of Christ in Asia.

With much love and gratitude…

AMEN.

Please continue to pray… tensions are rising at such a rapid pace that the potentiality of a global conflict is great. In Manila today, massive protests in the Chinese embassy are being held which will only worsen the situation.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-steps-into-Philippines-China-spat-over-South-China-Sea/articleshow/13089219.cms

bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-11/china-s-tourism-watchdog-issues-warning-on-philippine-trips.html

The flashpoint of the conflict is in a group of islands known as the Spratley Islands… These islands are well within the 200km economic exlusive zone of the Philippines while 12000 km from China. China is also claiming a group of islands called the Paracel Islands which is much closer to Vietnam than the Chinese mainland.

China is claiming ENTIRE South China Sea and is NOT compromising or resorting to diplomacy at all. I am sorry to say, but this is a baseless claim and China is not respecting the sovereignty of other countries in the region.

menasborders.com/images/site/menas_borders/photo/News%20-%20South%20China%20Sea%20with%20claims.gif

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.