Please pray for the soul of a former co-worker

I just learned very sad news - a very kind, cheerful woman I used to work with, Toni, finally succumbed to breast cancer after a two year struggle late this past January. Throughout her chemo and other treatments, she would come into work early, cheery, and would even help me by doing some of the tasks I was supposed to do (such as do the dishes I had yet to do) and ones that were not part of her job at all, just out of the kindness of her own heart.

I was a bit saddened to hear from her that she, a “cradle Catholic,” had lapsed from the Church, but was encouraged to hear her speak proudly of her Christianity, as she had gotten involved in one of the Pentecostal-type denominations. I am comforted to know that she had found Christ before she died.

Please pray for her soul. I was very saddened to hear this news - I kept her often in my thoughts and intentions during my daily Rosary.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

You asked our Mother many times to remember her at the our of her death when you included her in the Rosary, “pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death”. I cannot imagine that our dear Mother was there for her in her last moments.

Dear Lord we comment Toni to Your loving care and mercy.
We ask Your comfort and healing for her family and her friends.
We pray that her family will, in time, return to their heritage of the Catholic faith.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

I take it you mean you cannot imagine that the Blessed Virgin wasn’t there for her in her last moments. Amen to that - her intercession is powerful, indeed.

Thank you for your prayers and kind words.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying…

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

I pray for Toni’s soul, known only to God, Himself. Peace!

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on Ur Daughter

Praying…

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Eternal rest grant unto Toni, O Lord. And let Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.