Please pray for these folks

Rather than posting multiple threads, I’m including several intentions here:

First, for Angela, a woman who is aptly named. She was recently injured at work and will be out for at least a month. She doesn’t make much money under the best of circumstances and now she’ll have no income at all. She’s a caregiver for elderly people and they love her. One client told me they ‘have church’ when Angela’s there. She’s a loving, caring person of prayer. Please pray that her healing will be far speedier than the doctor is predicting.

Second, for a woman I know who is bi-polar and an alcoholic. She lives with a really creepy guy who is manipulative, abusive and regularly gets angry and throws all her stuff out of the apartment. She has no one else; her family pretty much ignores her circumstances. Yesterday - she had been drinking again after her boyfriend threw everything outside for the umpteenth time - she said she’s considering marrying an 80 year old man she knows because she ‘has to think of herself.’ There are so many things wrong with that idea I can’t even count them, most of all the potential for elder neglect on her part. I don’t even know what to ask you to pray for specifically; there are so many things wrong with the picture. Just pray!

Lastly, and this one is very difficult. A new member posted awhile back asking for Catholic students of a certain new age spiritual discipline to correspond with him. Having had personal experience with this discipline 25 years ago (before, thankfully, returning to the Church,) I know personally how damaging it can be and how difficult it is to get rid of its effects even when you want to very badly. I’m afraid for him and I agreed to correspond with him privately to try to lead him away from it gently. I was honest; I told him my intention was to get him out of it. I know the discipline, I know the Scriptures and the Church. I had to find my own way out of it because priests and spiritual directors were either doing it themselves or didn’t know much about it and didn’t understand how dangerous it was. I’m hoping to be able to counter everything the discipline teaches gently but factually and be there as a support when he finally begins to have doubts. We’ve been corresponding for about a month now and I hear every brainless comment coming from him that came from me 25 years ago. It’s bad stuff, guys, brainwashing in the same way as a cult but more dangerous because you do it individually. I absolutely believe it’s satanic and the worst of the new age stuff. Unfortunately, it appeals to older Catholics who were raised in the pre-Vatican II environment. In any case, I’m probably out of my league here; please pray for him and for me, that something I say will get through, that he’ll begin to discern or lose trust in the teachings, and especially for spiritual protection for both of us.

Thanks; sorry to be so long-winded.
FF

Praying for your three intentions …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for your intentions…

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Your protection, implored Your help, or sought Your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To You we come; before You we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in Your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, Our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve,to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, That we may be made worthy Of the promises of Christ. Amen.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Our Father Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and
ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Dear Father in Heaven, grant make haste to heal Angela so that she can return to work; also please aid the bi-polar woman who is in so much trouble; and finally rescue the guy who has been entrapped in that new age cult FF writes about. Bless FF in her efforts to help people. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Two of the following said for the above intentions: Pater Noster, Ave Maria et Gloria Patri.

Rove

Dear Lord, the heart responds to each of these three prayer requests, and offers up to You each of these persons to Your love and healing grace. Please have mercy on each.

Please keep FF continually in the presence of Your Holy Spirit, inspired by the Spirit and ministering through the Spirit to the ill persons, the confused, hurting, and misled persons who stream through her life.

In prayer for FF, and asking that You live in all her efforts and word and prayers for others

Thank You for those who serve

Our God, we are fragments of Your life made more meaningful because others allow themselves to be shaped as images of the gospel. Some remain in our lives, some linger for a time, and others pass by, giving, yet perhaps unconscious of their gift. May others’ joy in them and all Heaven’s in beholding, increase their reward, which is already greater than they can imagine.

You gaze with overflowing love upon these who authentically follow Your Son. Like Jesus who stepped out of divine perfection into our imperfection so that He might teach and give His life as ransom for humankind, they trust and obey. They are lamps glowing with Your life, awakening hearts to seek You.

By their shining, they glorify You in living witness, obeying Your commands and invitations as well as their oft-discouraging limitations allow. If they fall, they seek Your pardon and grace to rise again. Although seldom aware of the effects of their labour in others, they trust You to transcend their limitations and to give Your love to others through their prayer and efforts.

God, we thank You for them and for all those whose hands extend in blessing from time and eternity. Grant us loving communion with these generous souls. Give us faith to serve in following Jesus, so that others may follow our own leap into You.

AMEN!

Praying…
Our Father, Who art in Heaven,hallowed be Thy Name.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,pray for us now, and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Please continue to pray hard for the man I’m corresponding with;
he said in an email that the Eucharist is only a piece of bread; that God is in us anyway. He’s Catholic; active in his parish. I understand that from time to time everyone struggles with doubts and something with “easier” answers can look more inviting than Christianity at those times, but I’m afraid he’s sharing this new age discipline with others. There’s an undercurrent of the “faithful” who have been taken in by it. Please, please pray for all those who are involved with it and especially for the man I’m corresponding with. Pray that he will learn to distinguish God’s voice from the voice of the spirit that is operating through the discipline.
Thank you. Pray hard!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

After I posted a moment ago, I had an email waiting from him. We’re talking now. Pray…

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Holy Spirit please reach this man to listen to the gospel and to the teachings of the church, and save him from his heretical thoughts. Please also prevent him from seducing others to falsehood regarding the Eucharist, the gospels, and the Church.

Bless FF for her efforts, and please fill her words with Your wisdom and truth.
for Jesus promised that when the Holy Spirit came, " He will show the world how wrong it was, about sin…and about judgement” and “about who was in the right: proved by my going to the Father…proved by the prince of this world already being condemned.”
Jesus promised, “I still have many things to say to you but they would be too much for you now. But when the Spirit comes He will lead you to the complete truth…All He tells you will be taken from what is mine.” “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and then you will be my witnesses not only in Jerusalem but indeed…to the ends of the earth.” [John 16:8-9, 12-13, 15]

Praying…
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
Amen

As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
Amen

An update:
Angela will be able to return to work two weeks earlier than her doctor first thought; she’s healed very quickly thanks to a lot of prayer for her!
Thank you!

The new age guy, unfortunately, has not contacted me since the last time I posted about him. I’m afraid I’ve lost him. He may not have even read my last email response. I’m not sure what to do. Please pray that he’ll start doubting the material.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.