Please pray for this man...

youtube.com/watch?v=FFBSmKTKPko&list=PLD2CBC7BC5F0143CA

Don’t know how I stumbled upon this, but this guy is a former Catholic priest who is now an atheist. Now he makes YouTube videos saying why he thinks what he thinks.

Please pray for this lost soul. Again, I don’t know how I got here, but there’s a reason for everything, right?

I still don’t get how someone can go from Catholic priest to atheist…:confused:

Divine Mercy Conversion Prayer
From the Diary of Saint Faustina…

Jesus said: **“The prayer most pleasing to Me is the prayer for conversion. Know, My daughter, that this prayer is always heard and answered."

“When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give that soul the grace of conversion. This is the prayer:

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You."**

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You.

Satan fiercely goes after the ones who are closest to God. We must remember to pray for all priests daily.

“An atheist, which means I find no credible evidence for the existence of God”.

That’s an agnostic, not an atheist :shrug:

“Does the faith make sense? I decided that it did not.”

*Here *it is! The act of faith, the act of the will. He chose to not believe in God.

It is not the lack of credible evidence: is the choice to have faith in nonbelief.

A very sad thing. Many face spiritual crises and even overwhelming temptations. Many need prayers, and God’s minister above all else.

However, let us not make the mistake of assuming good faith and thinking that he was a wonderful devout who all of a sudden became another person. I don’t know him, but in his website, he writes:

As a priest I once had a “financial interest in maintaining the faith”

This sounds odd, and certainly I don’t expect priests to think this way :shrug:

However, since the Holy Orders leave an indelible mark and thus he is still a priest, I pray God to be merciful on him for the sake of his office.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you we cry, the children of Eve;
to you we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this land of exile.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
lead us home at last
and show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus:
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.