please pray for

patience

Amen.

Lacking patience with myself and with others is a great weakness I am broken by.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Honestly - this is a very scary thing to pray for… what if the Lord decides to honor our request and give us a few teachable moments. Oh my.

But I will pray for YOUR patience, how’s that? Lord, I ask that you grant bre the gift of patience. But be patient with him/her in the educating, OK? We are so broken and this is such a hard thing for us here on earth. Amen.

Oh I absolutely agree sojo! When I saw this thread, it was my first thought! Praise our Loving Father and the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit that They know for what we ought to pray!

I have often heard that one should pray to be humble, and not to be humbled. It may sound like a fine distinction, but I believe it is very, very different things. You are so right sojo when you see that difference. But Our God is Kind and Merciful, and the Lord Jesus is a brother who is like us and knows all about us…in every way but in sin. He knows our nature and will meet our every need in faith and in truth.

God, grant me the Wisdom to know for that which I should pray.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.