Please pray I get this new job

Just in time for St. Joseph’s Day!!

Alright, here’s the low down on my situation. I realize that in a folder dominated with posts like, ‘My nephew’s cancer, heart problems, and seizures are getting worse,’ and, ‘Marriage on the rocks,’ this is a low priority for some, but, it’s a big deal for me, and so I ask you to assist me with it.

Please pray to any or all of the following for my situation and my hope: Any Member of The Trinity, The BVM, St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist, St. Peter, James, John, Paul, Any of the Apostles, your Patron Saint, your favourite Saint, any Blessed’s, anybody you can think of to petition God.

I have a job. I have had it for one month and one and a half weeks. When I took it, I knew it would be under minimum wage. When I took it, my boss wanted loyalty. I have tried to be humble at this job and work with love and dedication to God and have it root out my pride.

I am not sure, as a matter of fact, I don’t think that God wants me to live in poverty or be disrespected so. Yes I get defensive when my boss makes me look like an idiot in front of her customers, and I would better myself spiritually by just taking it, but, I’m not that holy yet.

The thing is, two days after I got this job, I got a call for another job. A better job. One for Receptionist/Legal Secretary. I beat out everybody else for that position and I turned it down.

Why, you may ask? One reason was both the Lawyer and the Beauty Shop Owner wanted loyalty from their workers. What kind of loyalty would I show both of them if I just up and quit on the one? That would prove to both of them I’m not very loyal.

But, as it turns out, for me to be loyal to somebody, they have to let me do my job, and not micro-manage me, and not throw me under the bus and set me up to get out their frustrations.

I hate this job, it’s not a good fit for me. I thought I would be a Receptionist (that’s what the ad said). When I got there, the woman (now my boss) said, it’s more of a sales position, with receptionist and cleaning duties. Basically, I am second in charge, right under her. If she’s not there, the workers answer to me…eventually.

I’m still not there. As a matter of fact, I don’t know if ever I will be, even if I stay. At most, I will only get 32.5 hours a week, “full time.” Keep in mind, I am getting paid under minimum wage. I’m not a Sister, nor am I cloistered, I do have bills to pay: money IS an issue. When I was hired, I didn’t know I’d not be getting 40 (or even 35) hours.

Right now, though, I’m still averaging under 30.

So, as it so happens, as I’m looking for work, I note a job I’d be perfect for…the one I applied to before but turned down because I thought it would be better for my moral character. I go into the office this morning and notice a cute girl behind the desk and say, “The position has been filled, then?” She said it has, but, it’s about to be unfilled again because as it turns out, she’s not moving. She says that people have been coming by every day with their resume and it’s still up because the Lawyers haven’t taken the ad down from the Internet. Incidentally, the Lawyers aren’t in today, they are in session in OKCity.

I’m going in before work tomorrow and during my lunch break and after work tomorrow and Friday if I have to to try to talk to this Lawyer.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE pray that I’m still the best suited for this job and that the Lawyer will give me a second chance and not hold any hard feelings and that I get this job AND that I am a good fit at this job and can do it well for the glory of God.

I really would like to have money enough to save (did I mention my job, which pays me less than minimum wage also doesn’t take out taxes, meaning, I’m going to owe the government) and be able to get to the Latin Mass two hours away.

Please pray that I get this Legal Secretary job.

I ask the Lord to grant you success in obtaining this job, with a clear understanding given by you that you only formerly turned the job down from a mistaken sense of loyalty, or why should they risk offering the job to you again. I ask God to help you to put your case clearly as soon as possible.
When you brought this question up in another forum you received answer that just because someone demands loyalty yet offers none themselves you’re not bound to to their demand. If she relied on you to cheat her clients you wouldn’t be required to. In both cases you come to unrighteous harm.

May the Lord inspire both you and the lawyers to ensure that you obtain this job

Dear Father in heaven, please help this person get the job again as legal secretary so much desired by him/her. I ask this favor in the name of your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Prayer to Saint Joseph

We come to you, O blessed Joseph, in our distress. Having sought the aid of your most blessed spouse, we now confidently implore your assistance also. We humbly beg that, mindful of the affection which bound you to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God, and of the fatherly love with which you cherished the child Jesus, you will lovingly watch over the heritage which Jesus Christ purchased with His blood, and by your powerful intercession help us in our urgent need. Prudent guardian of the Holy Family, protect the chosen people of Jesus Christ; drive far from us, most loving father, all error and corrupting sin. From your place in heaven, most powerful protector, graciously come to our aid in this conflict with the powers of darkness, and as of old you delivered the Child Jesus from danger of death, so now defend the holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity. Extend to each one of us your continual protection, that, led on by your example, and borne up by your strength, we may be able to live and die in holiness and obtain everlasting happiness in heaven. Amen.

Praying for You.

Praying for the intercession to St. Joseph for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Thank you all!! An addition: My dad called me up about 20 minutes ago to let me know my mom’s in surgery due to cysts on her ovaries. …Please pray that goes well and she recovers.

Trishie, yes, that is part of the reason I really did start to look for a new job, that I really don’t have to martyr myself out due to “loyalty.” And, it’s not that it has been offered to me, but rather, I found it on the internet and it turns out it is availible. The lawyer wasn’t there yesterday so she doesn’t even know (yet) that I’m looking again.

praying

Praying that God’s will be done!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

St. Patrick, St. Thomas More and Lord Jesus help ensre this young lady obtains the employment she seeks. Jesus you promised that with the faith of a mustard seed your prayers wold be answered and surely coming to the forum to ask for prayers shows more than the faith of a mstard seed, in your name I pray, amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

My mom came out of surgery and is fine.

Please continue to pray for me to get this job. PLEASE. I went to the Lawyer’s Office three times today. She wasn’t there, but, the receptionist who was said that they’d go over it all in the morning (they have a lot of resumes). I was told by the receptionist I’d get a call in the morning.

Please continue to pray for me.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

I haven’t gotten a call yet, but, I’m going to head over there around 930. Please continue to pray for me.

I decided and told God if I get this job, (because of the extra income), I’d be able to offer Masses for my deceased relatives and aquaintances, some who never got a Mass said for them, either because they weren’t of Apostolic Tradition or because their Power of Attorney decided it.

Please continue to pray that I get this job…that I turned down earlier.

I have faith. Stranger things have happened.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I ask the Lord to grant your prayers for this job. Lord, please help our friend to present for this job in every way that leads to success. I’ll remember you at today’s Mass

Amen to your goodwill and prayers for your deceased relatves and for those who perhaps had no one to pray for them or to offer Mass for them.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I stopped by before work, called during a break, and stopped in at lunch. I was told that the lawyer is at lunch and is going over the resumes now and I will be getting a call.

Please pray that I will have patience and my nerves can handle the wait. Please pray that I do get a call (which, she may be late, but, she’s good like that, I know I will), and please pray, once again, that I DO impress her and have what she needs and am the MOST qualified/gifted/matched personality for this job.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.