Please pray in reparation for blasphemy

I just read this article…it’s really horrible and sad :frowning: it’s about how some people want to start an “International Blasphemy Day”…and an “art” exhibit that mocks God.
religionnews.com/index.php?/rnstext/next_week_blasphemy_gets_its_own_holiday1/

reading that got me thinking… how there is so much blasphemy in our society… people using God’s HOLY name as a curse word… people desecrating the Eucharist - the Sacrament of Love! ETC…

I remembered this prayer, called the Golden Arrow. Maybe we could say it in reparation :slight_smile:

May the most holy, most sacred,
most adorable, most incomprehensible
and unutterable Name of God
be always praised, blessed,
loved, adored and glorified,
in heaven, on earth and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ
in the most holy Sacrament of the altar.

It was given by Jesus to Sister Mary of St. Peter (a Carmelite nun) in a vision, in 1843… it’s part of the Holy Face devotion. Here’s some info:

On March 16, 1844 Jesus reportedly told Sr. Marie:

“Oh if you only knew what great merit you acquire by saying even once, Admirable is the Name of God , in a spirit of reparation for blasphemy.”

He told her that the two sins which offend Him the most grievously are blasphemy and the profanation of Sunday. Our Lord called this prayer the “Golden Arrow”, saying that those who would recite it would pierce Him delightfully, and also heal those other wounds inflicted on Him by the malice of sinners. Sr. Mary of St. Peter saw, "streaming from the Sacred Heart of Jesus, delightfully wounded by this ‘Golden Arrow,’ torrents of graces for the conversion of sinners.

This prayer is part of the Roman Catholic devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus and appears in the book “The Golden Arrow”, the autobiography of Sr. Marie of St Peter. In her book she wrote that in her visions Jesus told her that an act of sacrilege or blasphemy is like a “poisoned arrow”, hence the name “Golden Arrow” for this reparatory prayer.

How disgusting! :mad:

Lord, have mercy on us all, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. :crossrc:

I love the “Golden Arrow” prayer. I also love the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus and really feel we should pray it in reparation for so many who use the name of Jesus like it was garbage. Lord have mercy. Also when I hear someone use God’s name in vain, I pray either silently or out loud, “Blessed be the name of God.”

I’m all for free speech and believe it can be very productive for creative thought, but this is really disturbing. I don’t see what this “day” would bring to the table. Offending people, mocking religious belief, and creating strife…for what?
These “artists” are setting themselves up for a fight. I do not think this will go down well with many people.

I truly believe there will be a day when people are held accountable for their actions in life.

Sister Mary of St. Peter

Jesus Christ, son of the living God, have mercy on your sinful creatures.

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory now and forever.
Amen.

O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament, Divine!
All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment Thine!
Amen.

*How sadly bizarre. :frowning: Just when I think I’ve seen it all. It looks like very angry art. Like one would have to be angry to create such art. People who mock others, namely mock Christ, are typically angry people.

Lord, please turn all hearts to You, and lead people away from doing what is wrong, and replace it for honoring and glorifying Your most Holy Name. In Jesus’ name we pray…amen. :gopray:*

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.