Please Pray Me a New Friend

My mother and grandparents, my best friends, have passed from this life.

I have only lived here 3 years, work full time from home, mother of 1, and I hardly have time or energy to go out in the evenings due to exhaustion, some of it from fibromyalgia.

I am very lonely despite having a loving husband, who doesn’t understand why I want to stick with the Roman Catholic Church.

I don’t know what is wrong, I have suicidal thoughts and I pray for strength to not act on them because of what that would do to my family.

My job is very stressful and demanding, and I cannot call my mom when I need relief or just to talk.

I’m at the end of my rope, in other words…

Friendship request sent :slight_smile:

i couldnt think of one thing to do other than pray for you. i dont know you, but i can feel that you are terribly unhappy. im sorry. it sucks to feel that way. so i will send you the best medicine i know, a reminder that we arent really in control of anything. even if we really, really, really think we should be.:stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

remember, there is not a thing you can do about it. you arent in control, give it over too G-d. make the decision to not worry, be happy. everything else will come in His good time.:slight_smile:

Thank you.

I am trying hard to carry this cross; I will ask the Lord to help me. I need to do better about that…asking for His help when I need it.

My friend in England contacted me today and that made me smile.

God bless you both.

I am trying to accept the friendship request, I hope it worked…this site is hard to navigate, lol.

Thanks doanli! :slight_smile:

I said a prayer for you. It is very important to have friends, especially godly friends that will encourage you, pray for you, and give godly advice. I prayed for this type of friend for you.

Praying that you receive the support and friendship that you need…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

As everyone that has replied before, I will be praying for you. I want to share my experience dealing with depression because I think it might be helpful to you to hear it.
I suffer from depression for biological reasons and it almost cost me my life. From someone who knows, I urge you to go to a doctor, preferably a psychiatrist. I know there is a stigma attached to seeing a psychiatrist; but there no good reason there should be. When you are there, you need to be as explicit about your suicidal thoughts and feelings as you can. Things can get better expecially if you seek treatment. I don’t know if you have depression, but one thing I have learned is that you need to take suicidal thoughts seriously. If ever you start to “plan” your suicide- go to the emergency unit of the nearest hospital. I know that would be unconfortable- but it might just save your life. Basically, I am telling you this because seeking professional help has changed my life. Before, I could barely function and every action I made felt so difficult. I felt like there was a huge weight that I was carrying everywhere. It was only when I was treated by a good prychiatrist did I start to get better. In my life, my depression has lifted, and I am so thankful to my psychiatrist and to God for that. If ever you want to chat- send me an email at sgmusiccreations@gmail.com

Lord, please help doanli. Help her to take her pain to a holy priest and see if he can help out her situation. May she always pray, hope and not worry - to use St. Padre Pio’s own words. May she know that she has us on the CAF for friendship and support, and may she know that she can always send me messages if she needs me. I wish she could spend some time with you in front of the Blessed Sacrament. There she could rest and soak in your healing rays of love. I pray that she has a good prayer life, as this will help sustain her, too. May she receive abundant graces from you at Holy Communion this weekend and be relieved of a great deal of her tiredness. Grant doanli the grace to persevere and to be strong, and help her to keep strong in faith, despite her feelings of exhaustion and depression. St. Catherine of Genoa suffered from depression and died a saint. Help doanli to be a saint and help her to never succumb to the temptations of depression. If she ever needs to talk to someone, may she always reach out to us. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

God bless and thank you.

in tears here for all of the beautiful prayers here…

Praying my heart out to St. Dymphna for you.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.