Please Pray: My autistic nephew and his mother need your prayers desperately!

**Please pray! My sister (B.) needs your prayers desperately for herself and her son, my nephew. My nephew J. is severely autistic. My sister is a single parent, with two other children. J. is 6, her other two are 4 (N.) and 7(M.) **Her youngest N. is suspected to have Asperger’s Syndrome (a more mild form of autism.) He could use your prayers too, as well as “big sis M.” who helps my sister care for both boys.

Anyways, J. is becoming unmanageable. He tries to run away, he hurts himself (but thankfully not others), he almost bit off his tongue during one of his fits (there is a gaping hole about six teeth long in his tongue!), he can’t talk at all, he has never spoken in the six years of his life! My sister is afraid to put him in a group home as his dad might apply for full custody of J. Dad does not even acknowledge J. has autism, let alone realize the severity of it. He has run away from dad’s house and the police had to bring him back. So she’s trying to keep him out of the group home for a good reason.

She’s at a loss and doesn’t know what else to do. She does physical fitness training so she can have the strength to run after him (cause he’s FASTER than any adult we know) as well as be able to pin him down (its the ONLY way he’ll take his absolutely necessary medications.) J. sees SO many doctors and therapists she’s broke. She is on food stamps. She has to keep quitting her jobs cause of J. He can’t be in day care and school only runs so long. She is suffering SO much. She needs prayers, as well as her son. And really, as do all of them.

[size=3]PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray for them all. [/size]

I’ll add them to my prayers Convert. What a difficult cross for your nephew and his family to bear.

My urgent prayers for them :crossrc:

:crying: (crying) On behalf of my sister…God bless you both! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :hug1:

I am praying for them. :crossrc:

God bless you and thank you SO much! :hug1:

I’m praying for your sister and her family Convert. May God grant them strength.

Thank you SO much BeeSweet. You really are VERY sweet! :wink:

God bless you and yours! :slight_smile:

I will keep this family in my prayers.:signofcross:

My prayers are with you. I have two sons with Autism and can appreciate the stuggles you are facing. Have they considered a medication adjustment ? Is she getting help through her local developmental disabilities office?
Which state is she in? here in New York ,I could point her to some assistance.
God love you and be with you guys always.

I will keep your nephew and his family in my prayers. I have an autistic grandson and so I know what they must be going through. I will pray for them and pray for strength for the child’s mother.

God Bless

:heart:Blyss

Prayers being said here!:byzsoc:

I’m praying for you.Today being the Feast of the Sacred Heart,i’ll start a Novena today for your family and everyone else on the Forum.

I am praying for you and your family Convert in 99. Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

Thank you for all of your sweet replies. Thank you also for the kind prayers. May God bless you and yours for your kindness to us! :slight_smile:

May God grant her peace of mind at this trying time. May the generosity of others flow into her home and help that young family.

Seems like there must be some Social Worker, or Disability services available through Dept of Social Services. I pray she finds the strength to locate the right folks for help. God Bless.

She does have, thanks be to God, my parents. They help her SOOOO much. Financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically. They would never let anything bad happen to them, never. :nope: It’s just they are getting up in years, they can’t do it forever. They will leave her money should anything happen, but they can’t leave support.

My husband wants to move back home primarilly for this reason. We can’t leave now, but, hopefully, before she would be too desperately in need of us (like when my parents die) she’d have us.

Also, I am a stay at home wife with no job or kids so I can fly back on a moment’s notice for an emergency.

It’s just SO hard for her with everything. Especially that J. keeps hurting himself and is getting worse…not better. That pains her motherly heart more than any of the monetary or physical crosses she must bear. :frowning:

Convert,

In my much younger years I worked with autistic children and can appreciate your sister’s trial’s. We will keep her and her son in our prayers. :gopray:

Judeluke

Will offer it up in my rosary.

Thanks Mahleh…Thanks JudeLuke…Thanks ltbpoe43!

May God bless you and yours! Thanks again! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.