Please Pray! Non-Catholic friend took communion

A guy friend of mine who claims he wants to become Catholic (currently episcopalian) carries his rosary everywhere, a book of prayer and the bible. He labels himself as Catholic, even though he isnt. He has a nasty habit of lashing out at protestants (even my room mates!). Last night he was on the phone with me, and he told me to hand the phone to my protestant room mate. He proceded to talk down to her, stating that " there’s no way she’s getting to heaven", " your church is inferior because it doesn’t have a solid gold tabernacle" “it doesn’t have an expensive-top of the line altar” “your service is not in latin, so you have no hope.” and so- on. and as a result, it made my friends have a more negative view of catholicism. I’ve been trying to influence them by leading a good example of what a Catholic should be, and they even prayed the Rosary with me once, but I’m afraid my episcopal friend has shut them down on Catholicism for good.:frowning:
The worst problem is that I’ve discovered that he doesn’t believe in some very central Catholic ideas, such as priestly celibacy, he’s in favor of women priests, he’s fine with abortion and birth control.:mad: AND HE TOOK COMMuNION LAST WEEK AT A CATHOLIC CHuRCH!!! :crying: I did tell him NOT to ever do that unless you are in a state of grace and have been initiated into the Catholic Church. Yet he took it anyway! I showed him the biblical passages about having to prepare yourself before you receive the eucharist, and it didn’t seem to impact him at all. I have also found out that he is going to the Catholic sacrament of Reconcilliation!!

Please pray for my guy friend, Hunter and for my room mates, and myself that I may have strength and charity to deal with this in a Christ-like way.

Wow! All I can say is prayers sent for his conversion and for him to realize what he is doing is wrong by the eyes of God and the Church. Do you have a Priest or Sister who could visit with him and explain everything? Bless his soul.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***
May the Holy Spirit illumine and guide him to the truth.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Father please send your Holy Spirit to continue the conversion He has begun in Clairdelune’s friend Hunter.
Please give peace, unity, and charity to Clairdelune and his room-mates.
Please always inspire Clairdelune to deal with issues kindly, with quiet humility, respect and with gospel love and truth.
Please help Clairdelune to grow in faith and love and to have a joyful life in Your presence.

I ask these blessings in Jesus’ name.

I thank Him that you care so much for His Father’s House!
God bless you. Trishie

Praying
Grandma Glor

Praying!

I am praying hard for you all!

Prayers promised

Dear Lord , I pray for this troubled man. Open his eyes to your truth and let him know that you are there to guide him. Amen.

Heavenly Father, please give Clairdelune the knowledge and will to deal with this struggle and help her friend, Hunter, patiently learn and obtain Christ-like qualities so he will become an example for others who are also searching to come in full union with you and your church. Amen.
I will continue :gopray2: for God to bless you all.

Praying for all involved.

praying

Praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.