Please pray that God heals me

Hello everyone,

I suffer from a chronic pain disease called Fibromyalgia which causes severe pain and fatigue. I have been living with it since 2002. I find that I doubt God and His love for me more and more. It’s like, the more I suffer, the more I doubt. I am 27 and I have my whole life to live, but I am so afraid. I’m afraid because I must be self sufficient: I have no brothers or sisters to rely on. If only I didn’t have the fibromyalgia, life would be so much more enjoyable. I also have a mental illness(Had a psychotic break in July of 2005).

To summarize, please pray that I loose my doubt and pray that Jesus heals me.

Thank you for your prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Have courage. What seems like a tragedy can also be an opportunity to bring yourself closer to Christ. If you can view your suffering as a gift to God, you may be able to find more peace. I have always found my nagging doubts are an invitation to become closer to the Lord.

Remember that the Lord is not in the earthquake, the fire or the heavy wind. He is in the tiny whispering sound and that sound is always there.

Lord, please help this good person know that in order to lose his/her doubt he/she will have to make a conscious willed choice to place complete trust in You, completely abandoned to Your will until he/she receives a grace from You to actually believe in and, at last, to perceptively feel this trust. When things go bad in life people tend to either draw closer to You or further away (due feeling abandoned and due to scary feelings that you might not care about their lives). Let TheMusician know that You will never abandon him/her if he/she does not abandon You. Let him/her know that you are just exercising him/her in faith to try and get him/her to a deeper relationship with You and to make him/her able to see how very dependent on You he/she is for everything. May he/she see how important it is to do Your will and believe in You. May TheMusician get to daily Mass if possible - and even force himself/herself if necessary. Maybe in the beginning TheMusician will be sluggish, especially because he/she has the fibromyalgia - but may he/she persevere. It’s like running. In the beginning it takes much effort and pain to break out of one’s lack of physical fitness, but once one keeps firm in one’s desire to run the course and win the race, one will accomplish things with Your grace that one never dreamed of. May TheMusician know that doubting is a natural response of fear. May he/she just hope against hope that You will make Yourself more intimately known through his/her prayer and his/her obeying the commandments until he/she sees Your glory in heaven. In this life we suffer. Your Son, Jesus suffered to the point of death on a cross - but He suffered for us that we might live. May TheMusician unite his/her sufferings to Christ’s sufferings on the cross and offer it up for his/her salvation and for the salvation of all souls. He/she will be gaining much merit for himself/herself and for all souls and will be suffering redemptively like Your Son Jesus and our Mother Mary did for the Kingdom -the conversion of hearts to the Father.

Your every day is suffering. I know that no words I can say can answer
the reality of your pains and distress.
I can only ask Jesus to keep His arms around you.

I’ll post a prayer, but really I know you need God’s love and grace, and words can’t help you much in endless days.
Love, Trishie

For those whose suffering seems endless

Our God, please relieve the suffering of our brothers and sisters, in illness, mental anguish or confusion, relationship troubles, and sickness or death of loved ones. Please give them loving companionship and understanding, and practical help where possible.

Dearest God, in Your plan of salvation, You permit our sharing in the suffering that You bore for our sins…in order to awaken repentance…in reparation for anyone’s offences…or to sanctify through affliction.

Yet I entreat that sufferers may not endure an instant longer or of a degree more intense than needed. Where mine or another’s prayer and love can attain what is required, by calling upon the vast treasury of saints and martyrs, the intercession of angels, and Your own infinite merit—then Jesus I implore You to allow this.

You promise that no one will be burdened beyond endurance. Yet what extreme of sorrow can be endured beneath this limit! Pain is always relevant and a tormented moment may seem an eternity, as Jesus the supreme sufferer knows so well! Therefore, except where Your purpose is endangered, spare us the cup of suffering and allow mine and others’ salvation be wrought through divine grace, in prayer, in humble trust and generous love rather through anguish.

Yet, not as we desire, but Your divine will be accomplished! If this is to be fulfilled through suffering—for how can we in our sinfulness hope to escape what You in Your innocence do not—then please grant us perseverance in our privileged sharing in Your sacrifice.

United with You let us trustingly give all, so that sanctified in You, our lives serve the highest purpose of divine will. Lead us, with peace and spiritual joy, to penetrate the mysteries of this redemptive suffering shared in Jesus, our God and brother!

*Our God, I will keep them all in my prayers and Masses always. Help me to pray the best I can for them, and please multiply my small loaves and fishes of prayer for whoever needs them. *

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

For your faith

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Praying very hard for your return to good health!

Dear Lord, Lay your healing hands upon this child of God and take away the ills that affect their daily life. Restore their faith and comfort their soul. Bring healing to this physical body! Amen!!

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say, thank you for all of your prayers! I do have a question though. As my username implies, I am a musician. I play guitar as a big hobby and I was wondering if music offered to God is a form of worship?

Again, thank you for your prayers,

In Christ,

Nathan Brown

Absolutely Nathan!
:harp:
Dearest God, please accept every note that Nathan ever plays as a song of joy and glory to the Trinity.
Accept for Your glory, every beat of his heart, every breath, every thought every word, every groan, every movement of his life, united with Jesus, as prayer for others and as praise, honor, and glory to You forever.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Nathan,

I have heard it said that when one sings one prays twice - so said the great saint Augustine

Glory be to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World withhout end

Amen

**Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.