Please pray that we have a safe trip

*My family and I are heading out of town this week, to PA. For a wedding, and to catch up with relatives. Please pray that our plane arrives safely to and from PA…my dd is a little apprehensive. Please also pray that God illuminates what we are to do, if we should remain in Florida, or go back to PA. I have been happ(ier) in Florida over the past few weeks, leaving my life in God’s hands, and not worrying. But, there are moments when we all (sans my dh) miss PA very much.

I appreciate your prayers. You’re all in mine. :heart:*

A prayerful reflection from the Liturgy of the Hours for Wednesday, July 15th:

Reading From the Journey of the Mind to God by St. Bonaventure
Mystical wisdom is revealed by the Holy Spirit

Christ is both the way and the door. Christ is the staircase and the vehicle, like the throne of mercy over the Ark of the Covenant, and the mystery hidden from the ages. A man should turn his full attention to this throne of mercy, and should gaze at him hanging on the cross, full of faith, hope and charity, devoted, full of wonder and joy, marked by gratitude, and open to praise and jubilation. Then such a man will make with Christ a pasch, that is, a passing-over. Through the branches of the cross he will pass over the Red Sea, leaving Egypt and entering the desert. There he will taste the hidden manna, and rest with Christ in the sepulchre, as if he were dead to things outside. He will experience, as much as is possible for one who is still living, what was promised to the thief who hung beside Christ: Today you will be with me in paradise.

For this passover to be perfect, we must suspend all the operations of the mind and we must transform the peak of our affections, directing them to God alone. This is a sacred mystical experience. It cannot be comprehended by anyone unless he surrenders himself to it; nor can he surrender himself to it unless he longs for it; nor can he long for it unless the Holy Spirit, whom Christ sent into the world, should come and inflame his innermost soul. Hence the Apostle says that this mystical wisdom is revealed by the Holy Spirit.

If you ask how such things can occur, seek the answer in God’s grace, not in doctrine; in the longing of the will, not in the understanding; in the sighs of prayer, not in research; seek the bridegroom not the teacher; God and not man; darkness not daylight; and look not to the light but rather to the raging fire that carries the soul to God with intense fervour and glowing love. The fire is God, and the furnace is in Jerusalem, fired by Christ in the ardour of his loving passion. Only he understood this who said: My soul chose hanging and my bones death. Anyone who cherishes this kind of death can see God, for it is certainly true that: No man can look upon me and live.

Let us die, then, and enter into the darkness, silencing our anxieties, our passions and all the fantasies of our imagination. Let us pass over with the crucified Christ from this world to the Father, so that, when the Father has shown himself to us, we can say with Philip: It is enough. We may hear with Paul: My grace is sufficient for you; and we can rejoice with David, saying: My flesh and my heart fail me, but God is the strength of my heart and my heritage for ever. Blessed be the Lord for ever, and let all the people say: Amen. Amen!

*phoenix, that was beautiful. :bighanky: thank you. *

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I’ll be praying that your journey is safe and that the path you should take becomes clear. Enjoy your trip! (My husband just came back from Uniontown, where he taped a video for the Sisters of St. Basil at Mt. St. Macrina!)

Dear Lord, please protect our friend whatevergirl and her family on their journey to PA. I ask that You soothe her concerns and bring her peace of mind. Also, please guide her to the location where she can best serve You. We pray in the holy Name of Christ our Lord. Amen.

Hey Dad your dear daughter whatevergirl needs you. Please bless her family’s trip to PA ( I live in PA too :slight_smile: )and back. Please let her know in her heart what she must do. Enlighten her to bring glory to your beautiful name amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

Oh how cool! :slight_smile: Thank you for your prayers.

*You guys are the best, I’m feeling already a little relieved from your loving prayers, and thoughtfulness. God bless! :grouphug: *

Your trip and family are in my prayers. God Bless.

…Frankly, wherever you are is fine by us, so long as you stay around CAF!
WG, you’re so giving and supportive, as in Good Grief, and wherever you post, that I can’t imagine that the Lord would do anything but guide you and the family aright, and keep you all safe. And I ask You Lord to hold WG safe and take the greatest care of her and her loved ones, and keep them always living Your loving will.

Oh thanks Trishie, you’re so sweet!! Back at ya, too! :hug1:

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life,
our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor
banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most
gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after
this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb,
Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Praying for a safe trip. I can relate to your missing PA, my wife and I left for 37 years and came back 12 years ago and love it.

Have a good time and enjoy the wedding …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

*Thank you so much everyone…been a long time since we’ve been away for a while…packing is oh so much fun. lol

I am SO excited, I can’t stand it…called our old parish in PA, and the festival is this Thursday and Friday…yay!!! :extrahappy: We are going on Thursday night with the kids…I can’t wait to see our old parish priests, and the nun who my daughter just loved…I bet she will be working one of the booths like she always does. We are also going to go to confession as a family next week…I miss that parish so much. :frowning: I have to admit, I am a little concerned that we will be sad to be leaving back to Florida, even though, we have been getting more used to Florida. I just feel like we are going ‘home,’ hard to explain.

Thanks for your prayers. DD and me are not big on flying, so we’ll be praying the Rosary during the flight! :thumbsup::slight_smile: Have a blessed week, all. :wave:*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.