Please pray to Saint Rita for me

today is May 22 which means its Saint Ritas feast day. Here is some information on Saint Rita:

**St. Rita was born at Spoleto, Italy in 1381. At an early age, she begged her parents to allow her to enter a convent. Instead they arranged a marriage for her. Rita became a good wife and mother, but her husband was a man of violent temper. In anger he often mistreated his wife. He taught their children his own evil ways.

Rita tried to perform her duties faithfully and to pray and receive the sacraments frequently. After nearly twenty years of marriage, her husband was stabbed by an enemy but before he died, he repented because Rita prayed for him. Shortly afterwards, her two sons died, and Rita was alone in the world. Prayer, fasting, penances of many kinds, and good works filled her days. She was admitted to the convent of the Augustinian nuns at Cascia in Umbria, and began a life of perfect obedience and great charity.

Sister Rita had a great devotion to the Passion of Christ. “Please let me suffer like you, Divine Saviour,” she said one day, and suddenly one of the thorns from the crucifix struck her on the forehead. It left a deep wound which did not heal and which caused her much suffering for the rest of her life. She died on May 22, 1457. She is the patroness of impossible cases. Her feast day is May 22. **

Saint Rita is the patron of immposible dreams this is why I beg you my fellow Catholics to ask for her intercession in behalf of me because I have a dream of becoming a profesional soccer/footbol player. So please, from the bottom of my heart, pray to Saint Rita for me because she proved to us that nothing is impossible

with God. :slight_smile:

My other Patron Saints are Saint Sebastian (for His athletism) and Saint Joseph (for his devotion to work)

You got it.

Saint Rita, we ask for your intercession for all those who have impossible dreams. Obtain for them the graces they need to live their lives for God and to acheive what they so dream for, if it is God’s Will. Amen.

Amen.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Dear St. Rita, patroness of impossible dreams, please intercede to God for Benjamin8o8 that he becomes so proficient in soccer that he excels and is able to become professional. Lord, fill Benjamin 8o8 with Your Holy Spirit and make him the perfect instrument of Your glory and beauty on the soccer field. Make him a saint too, if he isn’t already. Amen.

I just learned about St. Rita recently. I think she is a wonderful saint. I will pray for you through her intercession.

Amen

Dear St. Rita, patroness of impossible dreams, please intercede to God for Benjamin8o8 that he becomes so proficient in soccer that he excels and is able to become professional. Lord, fill Benjamin 8o8 with Your Holy Spirit and make him the perfect instrument of Your glory and beauty on the soccer field. Make him a saint too, if he isn’t already. Amen.

Our God please grant that your dreams for Benjamin will be fulfilled in his life,
and grant that if his dreams are for the best outcome for his life, that his prayers will be heard.
St Rita please intercede for Benjamin.

Best wishes Benjamin :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.