Please Pray to Save My Marriage and My Family

**My beloved family is in shambles. A divorce is imminent… **

My wife (of almost 26 years) and I were struggling to deal with our 15 year son who had become a demanding, controlling, angry, destructive, violent, suicidal and homicidal manic-depressive teenage son. This event alone is well known to be more than enough to break up many good families. And I cannot briefly describe the daily struggle and horror that our home life had become as a result. My wife had a nervous breakdown. In her distressed, worried, and exhausted state she had become depressed, confused, delusional, and irrational. My wife left me, taking our son, and going back to live with her mother. Upon arriving, instead of citing the most obvious motive, she went on to make a litany of bizarre, contradictory, and questionable claims for leaving. Whereupon, instead of acting in wisdom and kindness knowing full well what we were dealing with at home, they jumped on her claims like a pack of piranha. They then went to work, doing their very best to encourage and to ensure that my wife would not even come to consider reconciliation…

Please pray for my marriage. Please pray that my wife will stop taking council from her mother and her brothers and sisters who got divorced. Please pray for my wife to regain her memories of the love, kindness, and devotion we shared. Please pray that my wife will come to her senses and stop lying about our marriage in order to “save face.” Please help to tear down that wall that my wife said she had to build around her heart so that she could divorce me and dissolve our family. Please soften my wife’s heart and help us to find another way to fix this problem. PLEASE pray that my children get through this trying time without any more suffering and emotional scarring. Please pray for my son that he will know peace and happiness and that he will also realize how loved he is. Help my marriage, that my wife and I may find a way to work it out, instead of divorcing. Please let my wife know that “moving on” by shirking her responsibilities and by breaking all of her promises and commitments is a wrong path to “move on” and that it will lead to her undoing. Please pray that my wife learns this vital lesson. Please, Lord, help my wife and me to work out our problems and help us to fix our marriage. Please pray that the Lord will give me some direction and strength. I will continue to fight for this marriage if it is in His will. Please let my children know that you love them and that we are a part of your family. I pray that you please forgive me for any of my past sins. Thank you.

With God all things are possible - Lord, we lift this family before you and ask you to act in their lives. Let them know your love and your peace. Send into their lives those who can help them to find the way. Cover them with your grace and raise them up to the glory of your Name.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying…

I pray to our good Lord ,that in his infinite mercy he show this family a clear way to reconciliation .

Loving God,

We thank you for your many blessings and especially for the gift of prayer at this time. We lift up the intentions of your child speck tonight and ask for your mercy, blessing, and intervention in a very difficult and challenging situation. Lord, you often provide us with the opportunity for suffering and we know that you will bend us, but never break us, even though the bending seems too much to bear at times in our small world. Please grant speck courage, a strong faith, and hope in Your divine providence so he will follow faithfully your plan for his life. Please help speck to live the words your beloved son Jesus taught us and to pray with great passion for his wife, his marriage, his children, and those in his wife’s family that he feels are treating him wrongly. Lord, you told us to pray for those who hurt you and to offer our other cheek, please grant speck the courage to hand this whole situation over to you and to follow the path you have chosen. Please send your warm, comforting, and consoling Holy Spirit to be with speck at this time in the discernment process. Lord, we also ask for the healing touch of your son Jesus to be upon speck’s wife and son, and upon this Holy marriage that your son participates in along with speck and his wife. Lord, please send your peace and grace to this family and heal the deep wounds that separate them now, in accordance with your Holy and perfect will.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people and the master healer of all that causes human suffering.

Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, Blessed art Thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Your situation is so complex and painful that I can only pray for you, your wife and family as quietly and sincerely as I can.
You and your family will remain in my prayers.
Warm regards, Trishie

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Saint Rita of Cascia pray and intercede for them.

(Pray and have inner peace, the Lord ALWAYS listens. Pray a daily rosary in Hope, Faith and Peace knowing that the Lord your Father and Creator has already answered what He knows best for all)

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

My heart goes out to you and your family as you work through these issues. I will add you to my intentions for my Rosary today.

God bless.

Praying my heart out for you and your family!

My wife says she has contacted a lawyer, but I will not give up. I don’t believe that the lord will let this happen.

Thank you all for your prayers! It means a lot to me.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Thy Kingdom come.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up the intentions and persistent prayers of your people on behalf of speck, his Holy marriage, the health and well being of his family, and blessings of strong faith, courage, and hope in You for all family members. Please grant your blessings, mercy, and peace to this family.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

For you and your family

Thy Kingdom come.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

A Reconciliation Prayer from the Missionaries of the Precious Blood

God of reconciliation, passionate for Your whole creation, impel us by the love of Christ to see Your guiding hand in leading us to forgiveness, pardon, and peace. Give us the courage to hear every story of every person with dignity and respect. Give us hope in the blood of the cross. Help us by Your grace in the ministry of reconciliation You have given us to do: to heal and to make whole, and that we might work to remove every structure that provokes, promotes, and sustains violence. Let your word of reconciliation be in our mouths and in our hearts that Your peace might be present to all. Do not count our sins against us, but build us up into the body of Christ, a living temple. We pray at the table of the Lamb and at the foot of the cross. We are washed in your Precious Blood. We pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.