Please pray

For those of you that don't know or remember the the history of my Godchild's father Steven, he is young man that came from a troubled home, fathered my Godchild at 17, was in a psych hospital at 18 for attempting suicide brought on by a long history of abusiveness from a troubled mother among other things, had a drug problem -and then managed to turn his life around and is now serving in the Marines.
Today his best friend since childhood was found dead. The cause has yet to be determined. A 20 year old young man who also had drug troubles, spent some time in jail, recently had a religious conversion and was turning his life around.

Steven's mom was at my house today, when Steven called her and she told him the sad news. Obviously he is devastated, he is also stationed in Japan with little chance of being able to come home and say his final goodbyes. This young man has had so many losses in his life, it just feels like the hits just keep coming every time he managed to pull himself up again.

Please pray for him, I am very concerned, especially that he is so far from home and doesn't have nearby support.

Also pray for Andy, the young man who died, and for his parents, his brother and extended family who I'm sure are in terrible pain right now.

Thank you.

I think this may be in the wrong thread, but I will still keep Steven and Andy in my prayers.
I just said a quick prayer for them right now and will offer them in Adoration tomorrow.
Don’t worry. We are ALL in this together.
God bless.

:gopray:
Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace . Amen

And for Steven and the friends and family of all who knew this boy–
Our Father, Who are in heaven hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Thank you.

:signofcross:

Very sorry for the devastating loss to your Godchild's father. These things are tough to understand and can really hit hard, especially vulnerable people.

Does Steven have a capable support system around him to catch him if he falls?

He's in my prayers.

Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

[quote="Cupofkindness, post:6, topic:202292"]
Very sorry for the devastating loss to your Godchild's father. These things are tough to understand and can really hit hard, especially vulnerable people.

Does Steven have a capable support system around him to catch him if he falls?

He's in my prayers.

[/quote]

I really don't know. He stationed in Japan. He's only been there about 2 months. He has a new cell and I don't have his new number. I only talked to him briefly yesterday, he wanted to get off the phone. I've been sending him messages on facebook but he hasn't responded. He made a comment on his facebook sounding very distressed and how he wanted to come home right now. I just keep praying. I won't get on the phone because I'm afraid to tie up the line in case he calls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.