Please Pray

Hello.

I am a married father of three. I am struggling, again, with talking to women in inappropriate ways. I have hurt my wife again. I have not stepped outside my marriage physically, but my wife has been betrayed by my lack of willingness to confide in her. I am either unwilling or unable to completely open up to her.

She now feels trapped by me. We have moved to another country and she sees no way to escape. She can not trust me. I have continually lied and deceived her. I have used the internet to "escape" and it is obviously not acceptable.

I do not want to hurt my wife, yet I keep doing so. She has worked so hard at keeping us together and I seem to just slap her in the face with my actions.

I love my wife deeply. I love my children deeply. I feel lost and separated from her, even when I am with her. This feeling is not of her doing. She is a tremendously caring and loving person, yet I take this for granted.

Any prayers are gratefully appreciated. I not only need help mending the bridges I have shattered, but I need help getting closer to God and His Graces.

Thank you ...

Prayers for you.

I will pray as well.

If you are Catholic, I strongly suggest you receive the sacrament of Confession (Reconciliation, Penance). It has been known to help SO many people stop doing things they shouldn't.

If you can find a priest who will talk to you and give good guidance, stick with him and confess regularly. Hearing Christ forgive you is such a grace.

God Bless

[quote="uxordepp, post:3, topic:217647"]
I will pray as well.

If you are Catholic, I strongly suggest you receive the sacrament of Confession (Reconciliation, Penance). It has been known to help SO many people stop doing things they shouldn't.

If you can find a priest who will talk to you and give good guidance, stick with him and confess regularly. Hearing Christ forgive you is such a grace.

God Bless

[/quote]

Thank you.

I went to Confession this morning and followed it up with Mass. I had been going regularly (at least once a week), but we are in a new city and still getting settled in here. I know Jesus has forgiven me and that eternally I am secure, but the pain I have caused my wife is bearing down on me now.

She doesn't deserve the treatment I have subjected her to.

[quote="InNeedOfPrayer, post:4, topic:217647"]
Thank you.

I went to Confession this morning and followed it up with Mass. I had been going regularly (at least once a week), but we are in a new city and still getting settled in here. I know Jesus has forgiven me and that eternally I am secure, but the pain I have caused my wife is bearing down on me now.

She doesn't deserve the treatment I have subjected her to.

[/quote]

The best marital advice I can give you is to pray together. Come together before God as a couple. The Lord wants you to be a good husband, for your wife to trust you and for your marriage to work. Come to Jesus in petition and also, ask Him (before your wife, even) to help you be a better husband and a better man.

You and your wife are in my prayers. Good luck and God Bless.

I would love to pray with my wife, but I feel so awkward doing so. It feels insincere to me.

That being said, please pray for my wife most of all. She needs God’s strength to help her and guide her.

Thank you

If you are sincere about wanting to change your relationship, I am going to suggest that you go to counseling. Please find a Christian counselor because that person will not jump to suggest divorce as a solution to your problems.

Your wife needs to see and believe that you are truly making changes before she will trust you. I hope that you are sincere about this. If you are, you will do what it takes to regain her trust and love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.