Please pray..

As my husband and I continue to wrap our minds around my recent miscarriage, and as we continue to let family and friends know, I keep thinking that I am feeling better. But a wave of awareness will come over me; an awareness of the emptiness in my middle as my body readjusts. An awareness of the reality that a life I helped start is continuing in Eternity. An awareness that my husband has lost a son, too. An awareness that I am aching with sadness that needs to be acknowledged.

I am not alone in this. Society seems to expect us to "move on" quickly and quietly. I am moving forward, and for me that involves grieving. My heart goes out in prayer for all women and families who are working through this same feeling.

Dear Ophelia23, I was on your other thread. I know a little of what you are going through. I had a miscarriage several years ago--my only pregnancy. It was a very difficult time for me. I grieved a long time and slid into a terrible depression. Prayer was that lifeline that I clung to. If you have not done so, perhaps you should consider a memorial service of some sort. It doesn't have to be big, maybe just a personal, family ritual. Someone on the other thread mentioned naming the baby. I did this, and found much peace in it. Keep praying to Our Lady. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

[quote="NeedsMercy, post:2, topic:296605"]
Dear Ophelia23, I was on your other thread. I know a little of what you are going through. I had a miscarriage several years ago--my only pregnancy. It was a very difficult time for me. I grieved a long time and slid into a terrible depression. Prayer was that lifeline that I clung to. If you have not done so, perhaps you should consider a memorial service of some sort. It doesn't have to be big, maybe just a personal, family ritual. Someone on the other thread mentioned naming the baby. I did this, and found much peace in it. Keep praying to Our Lady. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

[/quote]

Thank you so much for your prayers. And I am so sorry for your loss, as well. Through this experience, I have increasingly spent more and more time with the Blessed Mother and have felt moved to give her my sadness and to dedicate time daily to pray for all women experiencing this. What a wonderful mother she is to us.

:gopray2:

I'm so sorry. You're not alone and I feel your pain. I've had 3 miscarriages and haven't been blessed with earthly children yet. It's hard. My family wasn't supportive at all..my own sister said it was just "blood" not a real baby, of my last miscarriage. Be strong and know we're praying for you. Take as much time as you need. Maybe you can have a mass said... you're still the mom of that baby and that will never change.

I cant image what you and the 2 other Ladies have gone through. You are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry Ophelia. Of course you will continue to grieve, and you should never feel guilty for doing so. No-one would expect you to "just get over it" if you had lost a parent, so why should the loss of your dear son be any easier. I will continue to pray for you and your husband.

Dear Ophelia23,

I feel for you. And I pray that God will ease your pain and suffering during this time of loss. I likewise pray that He will wrap you and your husband within the comfort of His divine love. May the Blessed Virgin Mary be your source of peace and solace at this time.... God bless you and your husband in all ways always....

Please, to all of you, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all families who suffer this loss. May you receive a blessing from God that heals, and may the tongues of those who hurt you be guided in the future by the Holy Spirit.

I am very sorry for your loss, Ophelia.

May our Lord heal you and give you His peace. Amen.

Remembering you and your husband in my daily prayers, Ophelia. May the Lord hold you both in the palm of His hand. God bless. :console:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying that God may comfort you both in your grief. I cannot imagine the pain of a miscarriage and then society expecting you to just move on. My cousin was stillborn at 20 weeks and no one seemed to understand why I took it so hard. Know you are in my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.