Please pray

http://forums.catholic.com/image.php?u=30791&type=sigpic&dateline=1409887001
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

This image is a good one to express God’s Love for every child He creates. I’m asking prayers especially for those Catholics who have wandered from their faith, given to them in Baptism, with hope and charity. Many were infants who never really knew the Church they left as the One True Church founded by Jesus, and either have become members of some denomination or have turned away from the Lord totally.

Our Parish will begin another six week series for “Returning Catholics” this coming Saturday and I ask you to pray that all those who need to “come home” will attend. If you know any non-practicing Catholics, please pray specifically for them. If the Holy Spirit prompts you, please reach out to them. Personal contacts/invitations are always more effective. If you can offer to accompany them to the series that can also help. You may not have a series like this in your parish, but our brothers and sisters who have left the Church need to know they are missed! May the Holy Spirit give you the words to encourage them to come home.

We’ve sent announcements about the series to our Diocesan and local newspapers. We put up posters downtown in the bagel shop, and on windows of the UPS store, banks, bookstores, clothing stores and hardware stores, and left contact cards and trifolds wherever they allowed us to do so. One of our parishioners, who owns an Art Gallery downtown took a picture of our poster and put it on her Facebook page. If you have a Facebook page and would like to post something, please do. Personal contacts are best, but we need to reach out in whatever way we can to let our brothers and sisters know we care. If they can’t come Saturday, that’s ok – others started late, and returned to learn what they missed.

Thanks so much. I am convinced of the power of prayer offered in union with Jesus and Mary for others.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear Mayita,

Thanks for your reply and for offering the perfect prayer! May Our Lady intercede with her Son before our Father and bring many of our brothers and sisters home, through the power of His Holy Spirit!

You’re welcome…
I’ll be praying for this intention

GLory be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be world without end AMEN

**O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.**

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.

:highprayer::highprayer::highprayer:

Thanks Nelka, for your prayers. I pray that invocation after each decade of my daily Rosary, and thank the Lord for Mary’s intercession in bringing me back home. I certainly trust in the power of the Rosary and that Fatima prayer. My Mother prayed her Rosary faithfully for her three children and we all came home.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You!

Jesus, I trust in You!

Most Sacred Heart of Hesus, I trust in You!

Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Amen.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For all who have become separated from the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, that they may return to the open arms that await them.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee ,O Virgin of virgins, my mother;
to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Dear DoGodsBidding, oldburkes, pollylodges, wild thing, Chibi Violet, MS_SURVEYOR,

Thank you all so very much. Still have not heard from anyone who might come to our first meeting this Saturday, Apr. 18 but please keep praying for God to accomplish His Will in all of us. God is Love and He works all things unto good …( cf Romans 8:28)

praying!!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear CountrySteve, and Mayita30 (again),

Thanks so much for your prayers. I heard from one of our Legion of Mary members that she mentioned the program to a woman who was baptized Catholic, went to Catholic high school but married and was divorced and remarried. She and her husband attend a Protestant denomination. She said that she really misses the Eucharist, so we are hoping she may attend the First Session of our Returning Catholics series this Saturday, Apr. 18.

Please keep her and her husband specifically in your prayers. Thanks again.

okkk We will pray for this woman…the important thing is that she feels that she isnt judged by anyone in the Church…We all are in need of God’s mercy…

Thanks so much, Mayita30,

Only God can judge our hearts, and we need to leave all judgment to Him. We welcome all who come to the “Returning Catholics Program” and make sure they know that all the team members have themselves been separated from the Church at some point in our lives, so we can understand what it is to think about returning. We share our stories with them and we invite them to share anything they want – but there is no pressure to share anything. They are free to ask questions and in the years we have been doing this, we find that many are really ready; others may need more time, and that is in God’s Hands too. “Everything is Grace” as St. Therese of Lisieux so wisely wrote.

Thanks for your willingness to pray for this woman, with me and others who read the post. May Our Mother Mary enfold her and all those who need His Mercy to come home. May Mary speak to all as she spoke to St.Juan Diego, saying: “Am I not your Mother? Are you not in the crossing of my arms?”

Since this past Holy Week, I have come to believe as I ponder Mary holding Jesus’s Body after He was taken down from the cross and placed in her arms, that God wants the Church to hold all the bruised members of His Body with Mary, and believe God can raise the dead to New Life! Mary, Mother of the Church help us all to live in Christ as you faithfully lived the fullness of His Grace on this earth.

yes… I believe in what you are saying… The Church is there for the spiritually sick too. I mean God sends us all these trials and tribulation and that is why we have the sacraments to keep us strong… LIfe is hard and many people who have fallen away from the Church , think that the Church whill shun them away due to their sins. How can the Church do that since we all are sinners and in need of God’s mercy. We do not have to invent crosses. Life alone gives you so many cross to bear… Thanks for your ministry and thank you for being one of those person who is not quick to judge…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.