Please say a prayer for me--relating to insomnia

:frowning: I don’t know why, I’m thinking it is our bed, but I haven’t slept well in nearly a week!

I am feeling like my heart is racing now, from not sleeping…so glad it is Friday. I have a good life, I’m not stressed about anything…the good news is, we just bought a nice new bed, which will be arriving next week! I am really wondering if we just needed a new bed…and that’s why I wake up a lot in the middle of the night.

Please pray that I will start sleeping regularly, starting tonight? Your prayers are so precious to me, you have no idea. :o Thanks & God bless!

Praying that you sleep soundly

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

thank you. I have been drinking this calming type tea at night…the only thing I can think of, is that some nights, I stay online too late, like right up until bedtime, I have read that is BAD. :frowning:

I workout regularly, but over the past week, it’s been sporadic, that could be the culprit too…I miss those nights when I would close my eyes, say my prayers, and the next thing I know, the sun is up. It’s painful to stare at the clock, 3am…4am…5am…ugh!:bighanky:

Remembering your intention in my prayer this evening. It’s miserable when you chronically can’t get to sleep at night. Staying awake after your best sleep time can throw your ability to sleep, you get past it, so I ask the Lord to help you go to bed at the best time for your body-clock.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Thank you kindly, everyone…from your mouths to God’s ears…I pray I will sleep well tonight. I just feel so tired, headache, ugh…exhausted. It can cause one to panic the more days that go by without sleep…like panic to go to bed. Please pray that I just breathe deeply, and calm down, so my body relaxes enough for me to sleep. Thanks so much. You’re all in my prayers, too.

My dd is cute about this…she said…‘mom, just put your head down on the pillow, close your eyes, and then you will fall asleep. sleep is the easiest thing I do all day!’

It used to be easy for me. I don’t know why I keep waking up. :frowning: I just don’t want to hurt my health over this.

:extrahappy::bounce:

why am I so happy today? I slept last night…yay!!!

Yes, going without sleep can really put a damper on life. Thanks for your prayers everyone, please keep them coming, as this isn’t my first bout with insomnia lasting several days. You’re all in my prayers, too.

:slight_smile:

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours, night prayer:

Hymn

Now that the daylight dies away,
By all thy grace and love,
Thee, Maker of the world, we pray
To watch our bed above.

Let dreams depart and phantoms fly,
The offspring of the night,
Keep us, like shrines, beneath thine eye,
Pure in our foe’s despite.

This grace on thy redeemed confer,
Father, co-equal Son,
And Holy Ghost, the Comforter,
Eternal Three in One.

Prayer
Let us pray.

Come to us, Lord, this night, and give us the strength to rise at dawn rejoicing in the resurrection of your Anointed, who lives and reigns for ever and ever, Amen.

May the almighty Lord grant us a quiet night and a perfect end.
A M E N

I’ve been having bouts of insomnia too, it can be maddening. I’ll pray for you to continue to sleep well. God Bless.

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

I hope your sleepful nights continue. When I find I can’t sleep there is usually some caffeine involved sometime too late in the day. It never used to bother me, but I am now almost 100% decaf in my life.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

That’s so beautiful.:o Thank you so much.

You know, I actually only drink about 1/2 cup of coffee to a full cup in the morning, and NO caffeine after noon …and no soda. I’m not a big soda drinker, anymore. I think that when I start piling up sleep debt, I start panicking over going to bed at night, and then that makes it worse! :frowning: Thank you for your post here.

Aw, prayers for you rayne…yes, maddening is the RIGHT word for it, indeed. I feel like crying some nights…but then I think to myself, I’m too tired to. :o:rolleyes::shrug: I find that when I’m exhausted too, that I don’t cope well with normal everyday challenges…something that I would normally not fret over, I get so upset, with lack of sleep. I pray that I sleep again tonight…and praying for you too rayne, to have a restful night’s sleep…every night. Take care of you.

Praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.