Please say an Our Father for my exam results,please please please

At this very confusing time in my life, with my exam results out tomorrow, would you please pray an our Father for them to be good.?

I know its vain, selfish, and completely the wrong thing to be praying about, but it will mean if i get good ones, the chance i can enter the seminary next year will be much much much higher. Long story as to why, lets say you guys just have faith>?

Many thanks to anyone that does.

In Christ.

Andre.

[quote=Magicsilence]At this very confusing time in my life, with my exam results out tomorrow, would you please pray an our Father for them to be good.?

I know its vain, selfish, and completely the wrong thing to be praying about, but it will mean if i get good ones, the chance i can enter the seminary next year will be much much much higher. Long story as to why, lets say you guys just have faith>?

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

Done, I do pray that Gods’ will be done.
May the peace and love of our Lord, Jesus the Christ, be with you,
Tom

Done.

Andre, may God make clear the path that He has laid out for you and may you trust in Him enough to follow it.

Peace be with you…

[quote=Magicsilence]At this very confusing time in my life, with my exam results out tomorrow, would you please pray an our Father for them to be good.?

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

Magicsilence, I see nothing wrong with asking God to help you get good exam results - He loves us,:love: and He cares about our happiness in this world, as well as in the next. As long as you trust Him to know what’s best, it’s all right to ask for things you want.:slight_smile:

Done.

I remember praying for that self-same thing myself. I desperately wanted to go to university, and having previously got an E in the subject, I prayed hard after the exam finished to get a good enough grade to get in.

I got an A, so that was a prayer answered right there.

Beobab

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

God transcends time and space. As Creator, he knows all things. It’s not like you can distract Him from doing something more important. There is nothing too trivial to ask of Him. Pray that your team wins a sporting event if you want. God is all-knowing and everywhere, I’m sure he’s watching the game, too! God was there when you took your exam. He was there when it was graded and he’s been with you as you waited. Pray for your results, and I did too.

May Gods will be done. Prayed for you.

His will be done. Done(I hope you studied, I’m not the miracle worker you know.) :smiley:

I too prayed for you. Whenever we ask for something from God we should always ask “according to Thy will”. Exam results are not what you need to look to for your future vocation to the priesthood, but God alone.

We just received a new priest at our parish who just finished seminary and was ordained. He has a form of dyslexia and so could not even finish high school, but the bishop saw potential in him and allowed him to enter the seminary. From what I’ve seen and heard from him, he’s a fine priest and will be a great asset to the Church.

So, give the whole thing into God’s hands and trust in him. If he wants you to be a priest you will be one, if you have a true love of God, the Church, and the faithful. As a Lay Carmelite for whom praying for priests and vocations is a one of my highest prayer priorities, I will be remembering you before God and asking Our Lady to guide and protect you. God bless you!

…as you requested…done!

Peace my friend…
http://mediasoftware.free.fr/index.1.jpg

Me too my friend!

Isn’t this like closing the barn door AFTER the horse has already slipped out?

Exam results will reflect the accuracy of your answers, which are shaped by the effort you put into preparing for the exam. The prayers should have been for your preparation and performance prior to the exam. Nevertheless, I hope it goes well for you. I understand that stress.

David

Just an update.

I got the grades i needed, JUST.

AND I got confirmation from my university that i have the best accomodation i could get.

Thankyou ALL who prayed for me.

Sometimes things seem SO important when they are not, but im no saint, :wink: .

To explain, if i get into this uni the local seminary and there is one for a hundred square miles so they are VERY few and far between, is just 5 minutes down the road, i met the rector but he said he’d have to see me for a year before consideration, therefore, if i want to do anything with my life, i HAD to get into that uni. Even if i decide i dont have a vocation for the priesthood.

I cant explain the happiness i felt, i know this life is temporary, but still God is AMAZING.

Thankyou Christ!!!

In Christ.

Andre.

I’m so happy for you, Andre! Good going! I know how stressful it is waiting to hear about something important in your life. My dh is unemployed se we are waiting for one of his interviews to lead to a permanent job he can do and will love doing. I’ve taken G. K. Chesterton’s tack and decided to look upon this time in our lives as an adventure. What will happen next? How will God see us through? Will we be able to make it when the unemployment benefits run out? And so on. We’ve been going on like this since March and we have been able to pay our bills and live our lives in reasonable comfort while being able to donate to our parish and favorite charities, too. So, just keep keeping on and trusting in God for he good!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.