Please share your thoughts

BECAUSE GOD IS IN CHARGE, it seems reasonable to consider:

"Why me

Why Here

Why Now"

With this foundation how is God active or wrking in your life in your present circumstances?

May God continue to Bless and guide you,
Patrick

my mom and i talk about this stuff. she says it is not so much the what as the when things happen.
i see this a lot with the “coincidences” that occur in my life. i ask God guide to help and to me. i look at the things that go around me, the way i don’t feel the overwhelming stress that i used to feel that kept me awake at nights and scared. my circumstances even now are dire but i don’t have the constant fear. God is going to make something happen for me. He will deliver me. the what and the when will come together.

I was at a seminar hosted by Sr. Camila of the Community of Our Lady of Walsingham.
She proposed that “Why?” can be a question that seriously blocks our spiritual path, and our “Fiat” of “Yes Lord! Your will be done Lord!”

Jesus said “Take up your cross daily and follow me.”
Jesus said you will suffer and die for my sake.

Jesus did not preach a “Health and wealth gospel”

St. Paul gave thanks to God for his Sufferings that they may make up for what is lacking in the suffering of Christ, and because they would keep him humble and aware that he can only succeed through Christ.

The simple answer to
“Why me?, Why Here? Why Now?” is:
because God made the world. He made me. He put me into the World the day I was conceived, and I have grown to this time and place today.

Is it a specific part of Gods plan that I should be here in this desk today typing this response? Unlikely. I should be doing something else.
Can he use me anyway in my sinful state to reach others? I hope so.

God can use a Donkey to speak if he wants to… forget about the “Why why why?” and pray to God. Ask him to guide you, and say “Yes, Yes Yes”! Pray “What can I do for you today?”

I’ve never asked these questions (I’m 51) and at this point I never may ask them. God indeed is in charge and it is not up to me to ask why He makes the decisions He makes. Yes, I have had some great difficulties in my life but I just roll with the punches, carry my crosses, and offer it all up. I look forward to better times in this life, if God so wills, and much better times in the life to come.

It is a question I have never asked even in my darkest moments I never have said ‘why’ to my priest or to myself. There are no answers to the ‘why’ so it is pointless asking them. I have never gone down that route and had enough chances to. Just never have done.

God isn’t in Charge per se. We are in Charge. Together we work things out to make hardships easier for ourselves. We can lean on God as part of making our lives easier in moments of distress and hardship. But God isn’t in charge and wave the wand to who gets what. If we have this attitude then yes, we probably ask why. If we have the attitude that we are in charge and we in full control of doing as we are told then we probably have a much easier time since we don’t torture ourselves with the why’s?. We are in full control of being able to work together and give each other support and listen and friendship at the times we really need it. God is Love and Loves us all but for me, we are in charge of our lives and **** stuff happens over and over and over again. God isn’t in charge of that **** stuff happening. Neither are we. Sadly **** happens. But we are in charge of being able to help each other thru that **** stuff. And the more in charge we are the more we are able to be loving to each other to help each other thru with compassion and love as God loves us.

=donna369;11114261]my mom and i talk about this stuff. she says it is not so much the what as the when things happen.
i see this a lot with the “coincidences” that occur in my life. i ask God guide to help and to me. i look at the things that go around me, the way i don’t feel the overwhelming stress that i used to feel that kept me awake at nights and scared. my circumstances even now are dire but i don’t have the constant fear. God is going to make something happen for me. He will deliver me. the what and the when will come together.

Thank you:)

Stay close to God and HE WILL stay close to you,

Patrick

I respectfully disagree about asking th “WHY?”

IMO, not doing so could and likely will lead to missed opportunities to know and then DO God’s perfect Will for us.

Just as He used Peter and other notable sinners; He can and WILL use US if we are aware of His Presence and permit Him to act in our lives.:thumbsup:

=Mary_Ellen;11114552]I’ve never asked these questions (I’m 51) and at this point I never may ask them. God indeed is in charge and it is not up to me to ask why He makes the decisions He makes. Yes, I have had some great difficulties in my life but I just roll with the punches, carry my crosses, and offer it all up. I look forward to better times in this life, if God so wills, and much better times in the life to come.

Thats very good!

But might God be asking more of and from you my friend:shrug:

=englishredrose;11114564]It is a question I have never asked even in my darkest moments I never have said ‘why’ to my priest or to myself. There are no answers to the ‘why’ so it is pointless asking them. I have never gone down that route and had enough chances to. Just never have done.

God isn’t in Charge per se. We are in Charge. Together we work things out to make hardships easier for ourselves. We can lean on God as part of making our lives easier in moments of distress and hardship. But God isn’t in charge and wave the wand to who gets what. If we have this attitude then yes, we probably ask why. If we have the attitude that we are in charge and we in full control of doing as we are told then we probably have a much easier time since we don’t torture ourselves with the why’s?. We are in full control of being able to work together and give each other support and listen and friendship at the times we really need it. God is Love and Loves us all but for me, we are in charge of our lives and **** stuff happens over and over and over again. God isn’t in charge of that **** stuff happening. Neither are we. Sadly **** happens. But we are in charge of being able to help each other thru that **** stuff. And the more in charge we are the more we are able to be loving to each other to help each other thru with compassion and love as God loves us.

Excellent reply:)

Perhaps a slightly expanded meaning of the “WHY” is called for here.

By PROCLAIMING that God IS in charge, I had hoped to make clear that everything that happens to all of us ALL of the time has His “handprint” on it. Inclding everyone we meet, even in passing. God has a reason for everything.

Everything and everyone touching our life is accoring to God’s Devine Plan for us with TWO consistant possibilities and reasons.

1. For the POSSIBILITY of God’s greater glory [Isaiah 43: 7 &21]

2. Fo the POSSIBILITY of our own sanctification [through which God too is Glorified]

It seems to ME, that being unaware of this; not asking the suggested questions in both good and not so good times, poffers a lost opportunity:o

God Bless you,
Patrick

It is right to give Him thanks and praise!

I was diagnosed with a chronic disabling disease in 1994. My neighbors enjoy their manicured hedges and lawns. I wasa able to keep up for the first decade. I know now the meaning of the word CHRONIC. My apple tree was a great burden to me, so I turned towards it , and with unwavering faith I said “Be uprooted and cast into the sea!” Immediately afraid of the floating apple tree hazard to pleasurecraft I begged God to see to it in His way. One year later a family of groundhogs(woodchucks) burrowed beneath the tree and destroying the roots the tree died. For another year the dead tree leaned against my sturdy fence. In an unrelated matter my son had a huge dumpster placed in the alley behind my house.
My neighbor came and said “I have always wanted to cut down your tree, but did not know what I’d do with all the branches.” He cut it to pieces that fit into the dumpster. I had been saving my money to have a tree service do the job. They wanted $500 dollars, and I had $100 hidden in my freezer. I gave the $100 to my protesting neighbor. Later that day I noticed him in a new pair of sneakers. He said “my feet have been killing me. I used your money for these tennis shoes. My feet feel great!” It was in my neighbors new shoes I recognized the hand of the Holy Spirit. God has always answered my prayers. Even as a child. How do we give the proper honor and glory to Our most generous and gracious God who answers our prayers by the hands of our neighbors.

Peace

I am imperfect, my will is corrupted and not oriented towards the good, but God loves me unconditionally and he’ll transform me :=)

Lovely greetings from Germany
Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland

Lothars Sohn - Lothar’s son
lotharlorraine.wordpress.com

=hazcompat;11114839]It is right to give Him thanks and praise!

I was diagnosed with a chronic disabling disease in 1994. My neighbors enjoy their manicured hedges and lawns. I wasa able to keep up for the first decade. I know now the meaning of the word CHRONIC. My apple tree was a great burden to me, so I turned towards it , and with unwavering faith I said “Be uprooted and cast into the sea!” Immediately afraid of the floating apple tree hazard to pleasurecraft I begged God to see to it in His way. One year later a family of groundhogs(woodchucks) burrowed beneath the tree and destroying the roots the tree died. For another year the dead tree leaned against my sturdy fence. In an unrelated matter my son had a huge dumpster placed in the alley behind my house.
My neighbor came and said “I have always wanted to cut down your tree, but did not know what I’d do with all the branches.” He cut it to pieces that fit into the dumpster. I had been saving my money to have a tree service do the job. They wanted $500 dollars, and I had $100 hidden in my freezer. I gave the $100 to my protesting neighbor. Later that day I noticed him in a new pair of sneakers. He said “my feet have been killing me. I used your money for these tennis shoes. My feet feel great!” It was in my neighbors new shoes I recognized the hand of the Holy Spirit. God has always answered my prayers. Even as a child. How do we give the proper honor and glory to Our most generous and gracious God who answers our prayers by the hands of our neighbors.

Peace

WOW:D

That is what I mean about asking the three “W 's”

It REALLY is a Faith issue isn’t it.

God Bless yo and THANKS for sharing!

Patrick

I have started to ask “who am I” rather than “why am I”.

Who am I? And how is God working in my present circumstances? God works in me in different ways. Sometimes it is a very cold bucket of water.

For instance, I’ve always considered myself a faithful knowledgeable Catholic who is constantly converting.
Last week Tom, one of the men in my weekly bible study says he has a new guy that wants to join us. His name is “Jim”. Jim was working on a charity project with Tom. Tom witnessed to Jim about the faith, Jim caught some fire and Tom invited Jim to our bible study. As he described Jim to us at the study, I realized, Jim is my next door neighbor.

I have lived next to Jim for 14 years. 14 years. In all that time I have kept some distance from this man, for various reasons. He is successful, I felt a little intimidated by him. He likes to have a good time, so I always thought I had to have a beer in my hand when he was around. He is charming, smart, assertive, confident, many things that I am not. I passed this guy in the driveway for 14 years, and talked to him around the bbq grill occasionally, about all sorts of superficial things, and never once witnessed to him about my faith. I never once opened that door and made an invitation to him, or treated him with Christian generosity. I found out that my Christian life is not very Christian, not very courageous. Tom did with this man in one hour what I failed to do for fourteen long years.
I talk about the faith only with people I know are on the same page…at Church, at studies, after Mass.

So, God is working in my life by rebuking my personalized and timid Catholicism, and asking me to bleed just a little by coming out of my comfort zone, to bring his message to others.

=clem456;11115138]I have started to ask “who am I” rather than “why am I”.

Who am I? And how is God working in my present circumstances? God works in me in different ways. Sometimes it is a very cold bucket of water.

For instance, I’ve always considered myself a faithful knowledgeable Catholic who is constantly converting.
Last week Tom, one of the men in my weekly bible study says he has a new guy that wants to join us. His name is “Jim”. Jim was working on a charity project with Tom. Tom witnessed to Jim about the faith, Jim caught some fire and Tom invited Jim to our bible study. As he described Jim to us at the study, I realized, Jim is my next door neighbor.

I have lived next to Jim for 14 years. 14 years. In all that time I have kept some distance from this man, for various reasons. He is successful, I felt a little intimidated by him. He likes to have a good time, so I always thought I had to have a beer in my hand when he was around. He is charming, smart, assertive, confident, many things that I am not. I passed this guy in the driveway for 14 years, and talked to him around the bbq grill occasionally, about all sorts of superficial things, and never once witnessed to him about my faith. I never once opened that door and made an invitation to him, or treated him with Christian generosity. I found out that my Christian life is not very Christian, not very courageous. Tom did with this man in one hour what I failed to do for fourteen long years.
I talk about the faith only with people I know are on the same page…at Church, at studies, after Mass.

So, God is working in my life by rebuking my personalized and timid Catholicism, and asking me to bleed just a little by coming out of my comfort zone, to bring his message to others.

THANKS for sharing:thumbsup:

In asking “Who” you discovered todays answer to the Why questions:DAll 3 of them.

Isn’t God amazing!

God Bless, share your blessings with others.

Patrick

Hi, PJM, I ask these questions every day, then seeing the beauty of God’s world and what He has accomplished with and without us as just awsome !

God Bless
onenow1:) :compcoff:

This is a great question you pose. I’ve always felt that God gave us free will & does not interfere in our lives. We pray to Him to worship, but He’s not a geanie (however you spell it!) in a bottle granting wishes. I wish I could put my finger on it & say just how God is working in my life, but I can’t. I’m just not sure what to think. I already explained my thoughts - we pray to worship, we have free will & He doesn’t intervene. I wish He would sometimes. My life is a total disaster now & has been for years. I distanced myself from Him as I felt He forgot about me. Recently, I decided to renew & strengthen my relationship with Him, but I see no changes. Perhaps He didn’t forget me, maybe He’s been carrying me all along waiting for me to come back to Him. Now I’m back. I hope He does get involved with our daily lives & I haven’t noticed, but I sure could use His help…like NOW! Especially this week! I don’t think I.answered your question as well as you’d like, but I DID share a piece of my heart!!! ;’)

=onenow1;11116088]Hi, PJM, I ask these questions every day, then seeing the beauty of God’s world and what He has accomplished with and without us as just awsome !

God Bless
onenow1:) :compcoff:

Thank you ;Good and Faithful servant:thumbsup:

My favourite cartoon:

Charlie Brown is lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, obviously upset about something.

‘Why me?’ he asks.

‘WHY NOT?’ God replies.

Thank you ! I certainly have learned alot,from you and others.

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.