Please stop these angry thoughts!

I know I’m supposed to be away, but I really need help, I’m struggling with really angry thoughts, and I really want them to stop. Earlier I was saying a rosary, and these angry thoughts flooded into my mind, and I couldn’t get my mind off of them, I have been struggling with these thoughts ever since yesterday evening.

Actually, I have been saying a triple rosary novena for the people in question and almost every time I pray it, I struggle with these very angry thoughts, though I also often have had these thoughts at other times when I’m not saying the novena. (I wasn’t praying that novena when I was praying the rosary mentioned above, but I was praying for these people when I said this rosary.) I’m angry at an online forum site, I’ve mentioned this site several times before when I was on it, I shut down my account at the end of May, but I’m still furious with it, I’m furious with the staff and moderators for their hostility to Catholicism, and I’m furious with the various people for the various things they’ve said and done. I can’t take my mind off of it, and I have been tempted to do a whole host of angry stuff in regards to that site.

I’m going to confession tomorrow to confess the various sins I’ve committed in regards to this, I really need prayers, please pray that, in addition to remembering and confessing all the mortally sinful things I’ve done and need to confess, I can get my mind off of this, stop thinking about all these things.

I pray that God removes the anger in your heart and that He blesses you with a sober mind. Amen.

Prayer for an Angry Person

Father,
I repent from this propensity to anger and the pride associated with it.
I take hold of Your forgiveness most gratefully. And I set my heart to
become a person so close to You, that when temptation comes and
anger knocks, I will step away, breathe, and submit to Your Lordship,
giving You my deepest soul and receiving Your peace in place of my
angst. Thank You, Lord, that I can do all things through You and
the anointing You give me to follow Your instructions and live a life that
reflects Your grace and peace. Please heal every person whom my
anger has troubled and hurt. In the Name of the Prince of Peace, Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen

Prayed for your intentions, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Have you tried practicing relaxation skills?
Practice deep-breathing exercises, imagine a relaxing scene, or repeat a calming word or phrase, such as “take it easy.” You can also perform an anger-release ceremony, use a stress-relief toy, or find something funny or silly. Moreover, you can also listen to music, write in a journal or do a few yoga poses.

Study your anger, avoid triggers, and train your mind. Seek professional help if your anger is really out of control. Above all, keep God in the forefront of your mind. He alone can give you the kind of peace that you badly need. God bless.

Praying the Lord comes to your aid quickly…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, AMEN!

Dear Jesus, in Your name I ask that you send your Holy Spirit to give the OP mental peace, freedom from anxiety, and freedom from intrusive thoughts. Amen.

Our Lady of Mental Peace, St. Joseph and St. Dymphna, please intercede. Thank you. Amen.

Added to next Rosary intentions.
God bless

Blessed Saint Raphael, Archangel, We beseech thee to help us in all our needs and trials of this life, as thou, through the power of God, didst restore sight and give guidance to young Tobit. We humbly seek thine aid and intercession, that our souls may be healed, our bodies protected from all ills, and that through divine grace we may be made fit to dwell in the eternal Glory of God in heaven.
Amen.

I’m praying for you. May the Lord relieve you of the anger you’ve been experiencing.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, Implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.

To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.