Please Stop

:crying:can everyone please stop threads about Pope Benedict being the last Pope before the antichrist. I don’t want to sound like a baby but you are scaring me. Most of you talking about this are alot older than me and honestly you will probably die in three or four decades…I have to be around here for alot longer. Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour…can we just leave it at that?:crying:

Sounds good to me.

If we live each day ready to meet our Saviour, it doesn’t make any difference anyway. Remember what John Paul II said: “Be not afraid!”

Wouldn’t be easier if you just stopped reading those posts? Besides, even if the end times are near, wouldn’t that be a great thing?

[quote=Meggie]:crying:can everyone please stop threads about Pope Benedict being the last Pope before the antichrist. …
[/quote]

why would you even think about taking any thread like that seriously? :confused:

[quote=Meggie]:crying:can everyone please stop threads about Pope Benedict being the last Pope before the antichrist. I don’t want to sound like a baby but you are scaring me. Most of you talking about this are alot older than me and honestly you will probably die in three or four decades…I have to be around here for alot longer. Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour…can we just leave it at that?:crying:
[/quote]

Hi Meggie…I was thinking the same thing…:yup: Please don’t cry…

[quote=Steve Andersen]why would you even think about taking any thread like that seriously? :confused:
[/quote]

Have you been in the world lately?Meggie its going to be okay either way,don’t let it bother you.

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]Have you been in the world lately?..
[/quote]

yup…all my life actually :wink:

never have so many been so well clothed, fed, or lived in peace

it is a great time to be alive

[quote=Meggie]:crying:can everyone please stop threads about Pope Benedict being the last Pope before the antichrist. I don’t want to sound like a baby but you are scaring me. Most of you talking about this are alot older than me and honestly you will probably die in three or four decades…I have to be around here for alot longer. Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour…can we just leave it at that?:crying:
[/quote]

Meggie I am 35 and alot of us who have been around the world for a while are eager to see the big smackdown of the devil:D Please go pray a Rosary for peace of mind and realize that it will be okay:) Don’t cryhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mrpotato.gifThere is that better;)

All this end time talk is really kind of pointless. I mean we could die at any moment. So whatever comes first, death or the Second Coming, we should be ready either way.:thumbsup:

Don’t let it get to you. No man knows when the end will come. Take it all with a grain of salt. I’ve read quite a few of these end of time predictions and they have all been wrong so far.

“Thief in the night” and all that

Anyone who claims that they “know” that the end is near in contradicting JC hisself

Meggie,

I understand how such talk might sound freightening. People have been claiming the end time was upon us since the day Christ died. I came to the conclusion years ago, that I was going to live my life as best as possible for Christ…getting to know him better, love him deeper, and serve him more fully. My end may be as soon as I turn off this computer or I may live for awhile. I’ll leave that to God. St Ignatius says we should not worry so much about such things, but rather on the end for which we are created. So, hang in their my friend. Trust Christ, frequent the sacraments, pray from your heart regularly, and live your faith as best you can. You are in very good hands! The ones who should really be concerned are the ones who seem to be the least concerned! So, smile and sing praises!

[quote=Meggie]:crying:can everyone please stop threads about Pope Benedict being the last Pope before the antichrist. I don’t want to sound like a baby but you are scaring me. Most of you talking about this are alot older than me and ***honestly you will probably die in three or four decades…***…I have to be around here for alot longer. Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour…can we just leave it at that?:crying:
[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All of us old farts just got put in our places! I agree with Meggie and Our Lord, enough doom and gloom. Long life and great joy to our Holy Father, Benedict XVI! Eternal rest to our Holy Father, John Paul the Great!

[/quote]

Meggie, please do not worry. It is true no one knows the day or hour that is important for all of us to remember. The prophecies are not something we have to believe. Heck, no one can even agree upon them, just look at all of the silliness that has been posted and written about them. People always look for signs, people try to predict everything from who will be the next Pope to when will the second coming occur we have seen it on TV and in this forum.
If we live in fear, we will not live. If it is upsetting to you ignore the threads, because unfortunately I am sure they will be around for a while. Find peace in your faith and love of the Lord.
Love life and live.
P

My brother-in-law actually wants it to happen during our time. It is exciting to him…and i am sure it’ll be exciting for all of us. Meggie, don’t worry because I get scared too. But I mostly worry for those who continue to turn their backs on God. Keep praying for all those people who do have their backs turned, and that God will turn their hearts instead before the end. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Hi Meggie,
The time from Christ resurrection to His second coming is the same for all people. Everyone knows the answer. One life time. Be prepared at all times. Live abundantly in Him, lovingly in peace. How long will you live? No one knows. All people die.
Historically it is of no importance to our lives otherwise our loving Father would have told us. Why were the Jews left in Israel? They were left there until there was enough of them to go into the promised land. I feel it is the same today, historically. But individually, one lifetime.
Walk in love
edwinG
Walk in love
edwinG

well said Edwin G:)

Who are you Meggie to say I will die before you? Did God give you revelation on when my time or any other peoples time is up?

Your quote-“Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour.”

Please follow your own advise. Thanks.

sniffles thanks Jim G, Annuncita, Lisa, Genisis, Shibonu, trailblazer, pumpkin, midnight and garfield…i know God is in control…now I only have to get through finals…

steve and timidy…no one lables their threads correctly…“look what happned when I googled the Pope” with the lead sentence “this guy is crazy” or something like that isn’t really a fair warning…neither is “St.Malichi” or “olive Pope”

fox…i just think its stupid that 40-60 year olds are concoting a world of doom that you most likely won’t have to live, but I will…

[quote=Meggie]sniffles thanks Jim G, Annuncita, Lisa, Genisis, Shibonu, trailblazer, pumpkin, midnight and garfield…i know God is in control…now I only have to get through finals…

You know I have found that when I was in college facing finals, inaddition to the stress of the finals any other stresses felt magnified. Also I tended to get distracted by anything and everything, even the need to clean a messy apartment. I can imagine if this message board was around back then I would have gotten pulled in by that as well. I am sure I would have felt the way you do now about the prophacies. When I was younger than you are now, I was always worried and even had nightmares about nuclear war and the posibility of WWIII.

I sure hope you are feeling better about all of this and I hope that you can find comfort in other areas of this message forum. Also I will keep you in my prayers regarding your finals. ~P
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/PRAYINGSQUIRREL.gif

[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.