Please tell me this wasn't a Catholic Church

I know what your thinking and that is not why the number 1488 is in my name. In fact it was just a random set of numbers I picked and it wasn’t until a few months ago that I learned what it meant to some people, I had an email from someone telling me what it meant to a so called group of racists and I just thought it was ridiculous and wasn’t going to change the numbers just because of a bunch of morons who decided they were going to make something up.

This is a fictional horror movie.

I doubt very much that was a real Catholic church or a real Catholic priest. Permission to use either one must be obtained and even though it was only a few minutes of screen time, it would have taken days to film it. Hard to keep Hollywood a secret from the parish for that long. Ron Howard’s negative publicity from “DaVincci Code” went a long way to stir up interest and controversy; looks like these guys are trying the same stunt.

At the beginning of movie it states that Vatican does not endorse movie. The reaction of the audience at the end was comical, I think they where expecting turning heads and green pea soup. Not a very good movie at all and every thing said was very crazy.

[quote="jmcrae, post:20, topic:269047"]
The title of the review in the Herald is "Last Rites for Devil Genre". :D

The prediction is that this turkey will bomb - badly - and nobody in their right mind will ever make a "Devil" movie again, because audiences have become too sophisticated to be taken in by them, and are not interested in whatever philosophical questions these movies pretend to be pondering, once they are "outed" as fakes.

[/quote]

Prediction was way off -- it was the top boxoffice movie this weekend.

[quote="Roxygirl1488, post:21, topic:269047"]
I know what your thinking and that is not why the number 1488 is in my name. In fact it was just a random set of numbers I picked and it wasn't until a few months ago that I learned what it meant to some people, I had an email from someone telling me what it meant to a so called group of racists and I just thought it was ridiculous and wasn't going to change the numbers just because of a bunch of morons who decided they were going to make something up.

[/quote]

Fair enough, that's why I asked first instead of getting all worked up from the get go :) I'm not going to preach at you about changing it or anything. I was just going to give you a heads up that it is a call sign used by people who are very much more than a "so-called" racist group, and in some circles can land you in a whole lot of trouble.

I don't think the Catholic Church or even the priests would allow that.

[quote="PPeterson, post:26, topic:269047"]
Fair enough, that's why I asked first instead of getting all worked up from the get go :) I'm not going to preach at you about changing it or anything. I was just going to give you a heads up that it is a call sign used by people who are very much more than a "so-called" racist group, and in some circles can land you in a whole lot of trouble.

[/quote]

Yea, it makes me mad because I have used it as a random group of numbers in other screen names as well, it was just something I randomly came up with years ago not thinking anything of it, in fact it might have even been suggested by a screen name website because a different set of numbers I was going to use were taken, I can't remember exactly but I was real angry when I found out what it meant to some people because I had so many screen names with it! I might have to change it just because so many people are asking me about the 1488 thing in my name I don't want to give the wrong impression and I have had enough people ask me about it to question whether it is really worth keeping since it is associated with that.

To all those who didn't see my previous post, it is NOT a Catholic Church, it is a Presbyterian church called Westminster in Pasadena California.

Catholic Church is famous. It is the GENERIC Church as seen by media. Think of it as a kind of flattery.

Roxygirl1488 http://forums.catholic.com/images/statusicon_khaki/user_offline.gif
@Roxygirl1488, thanks for the info about the church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.