Please..

Hello,
My daughter Yelena really needs prayers. We are going into the process of having her diagnosed for Asperger’s syndrome this coming Monday. I am worried for her future and feel lost and anxious. Its going to take 3 weeks. I feel afraid for her, she is 15 the day before Mother’s Day.
I pray that I can be the best support for her in her life, but she needs to learn some basic independence.

Thankyou

Shae

I will add your family to my prayers. Rest in the promises of God.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Dear Lord,

Please bless your possibly autistic fifteen-year old daughter Yelena to ease any problematic sensory overload so that she is able to function by being able to correctly process information in accordance with Your Will, such that her intelligence shine through and develop. Please shield her from ear-splitting noise levels, from lights and motions in the environment that are too dazzling, from smells that overpower, from ultra-sensitivity to touch, from keen taste that can make eating unpleasant … Please tone down these sensations to the point where they can be used as gifts of above average hearing, eyesight, touch, smell, taste rather than being overwhelmingly crippling distractors from interaction with the outside physical world.

Lord,

If she was not born with the ability to innately recognize the non-verbal body language cues, gestures, the unspoken codes, or the nuanced verbal language and meanings within social interaction, please allow her to learn as much as You feel is for her good and for Your greater glory, … and grant patience to those around her.

Lord,

Please spare her from those who, well-meaning or not, would prescribe medications that would end up doing more harm than good physically, emotionally, or mentally. Please spare her also from the stigma of labels but instead surround her with teachers who can draw out her natural gifts and talents based on her deep sense of focus and areas of interest. Let people see the good in her and give her plenty of opportunities to thrive and succeed as the unique individual she is, rather than being ostracized for being “different.”

St. Joseph of Cupertino, pray for her.

~~ the phoenix

Sure.

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, we pray for yelena’s recovery. May she heal from all sickness and that she may find healing to the sickness that she has. Watch over her and protect all of her family from harm. May she recover soon and that nothing goes wrong. Amen:)

My bio dad had Asperger's and my son and both nephews are on the spectrum. Some of us have had shadowing of symptoms. This is near and dear to me.

Praying for you. :hug1:

Just a bit of encouragement.

My co-worker’s son was diagnosed with Asperger’s back when he was a young boy.

Today he is a grown man living in Japan (by choice–he’s always been attracted to Japan and the Japanese culture) and working at a good job. He not only was an Eagle Scout, but he also earned his PhD and had no trouble at all getting a job. He is engaged to be married. He’s handsome, charming and popular.

Another co-worker’s son also has Asperger’s. He will graduate from high school in a few weeks, and is hoping to do some kind of missionary career. His faith is very strong (Protestant).

BTW, in case you are wondering, clinical laboratory science is a career that supposedly attracts people with Aspergers, so perhaps that’s why my co-workers have children with Asperger’s. :slight_smile:

I’m sure that your daughter will grow up to be a fine woman! Godspeed to her and the family during all the diagnostic testing.

Praying for you both. :slight_smile:

Thanks for kinds words and encouragement and prayers.

Today is the start of finding out.

Half of the anxiety is not knowing.

I hope some type of therapy will be available that will encourage her to be spontaneous and comfortable in talking in social situations.

God Bless

I'm with you, it's better to know than to not know. Just remember, God wont give us a cross we can't carry. ;)

I have an 8 year old son who was diagnosed with autism when he was 3. He faces a lot of challenges, but he also has several gifts. He sees the world with a unique perspective and he makes me look at things differently too.

I pray for you, that you will have the strength and the patience necessary to guide your daughter through the challenges she may face and that you always make room in your heart for the unique joys she brings to your life.

I pray for your daughter, that she will continue to grow and develop under the care of a loving family and skilled teachers and that she will be comfortable with the person she is - never ashamed of any disability she may have.

Hugs.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.