Plenary Indulgence?

Hello,

Can you please tell me exactly what a Plenary Indulgence is and direct me to any websites that have good information on the subject. I did some surfing on the internet but didn’t find much information.

Thanks

I did a search on the vatican webiste…results here.

In doing more searching, I found the following.

“It is necessary to perform the work to which the indulgence is attached and to fulfill three conditions: sacramental confession, eucharistic Communion, and prayer for the intentions of the supreme pontiff. It is further required that all attachment to sin, even to venial sin, be absent”

What does it mean to perform the work to which the indulgence is attached?

Thanks

An indulgence (either partial or plenary) is generally associated with a certain “work”. For example, renewal of Baptismal vows in public, or for completing the Stations of the Cross. There is a handbook of Indulgences that outlines all of the Indulgences offered by the Church.

Try this:
ourladyswarriors.org/indulge/plenary.htm

It will direct you to a number of links describing different ways to obtain a plenary indulgence. Hope this helps.
:thumbsup:
Rosalie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.