Plenary Indulgences & JPII quote to give them away

During the Jubilee Year, Pope John Paul offered us a plenary indulgence conceivably almost every day. I also can still hear him saying that it was better to give the plenary indulgence to the poor souls in purgatory than to take them for ourselves. That in doing so, we would be blessed much more than if we took it for ourselves.
Does anyone remember this and can come up with the exact quote and when and where he said this?
Thnaks

vatican.va/jubilee_2000/docs/documents/hf_jp-ii_doc_30111998_bolla-jubilee_en.html

Although this document from 1998 does say that indulgences “also can be applied in suffrage to the souls of the deceased: such an offering constitutes an outstanding act of supernatural charity”, it does not say that we will be blessed more when we give the indulgences away.
What I am really after is what Pope JPII actually said in talking to an audience,*** “that we would be Blessed MORE, if we gave the indulgences away.” *** Before my priest can use that expression,*** he needs to know when, where and exactly what Pope JPII actually said.***
It will not be found in a document, only in one of his speeches Thank you though for your quick input.

Check here.

vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/index.htm

For what its worth, found this on a blogspot page. Apparently Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich had a private revelation that it was holier to pray for souls in Purgatory than for sinners:

She [Blessed Ann Catherine Emmerich] deposes that it is more holy to pray for the Poor Souls in Purgatory than for sinners who are still alive.

Source: faithofthefathersapparitions.blogspot.com/2007/04/prophecies-of-anne-catherine-emmerich.html

I wonder why? Because sinners can refuse to cooperate with the grace granted them by our prayers whereas souls in purgatory will always accept to the fullest possibility?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.