Pls help me find a prayer from Magnificat

The prayer I’m looking for is a litany and I think it was in the April 2001 or 2002 issue of Magnificat.

If you or someone you know still has that issue would you mind checking?

It was quite long so if you want to just type a few lines here I can try to let you know if it is the right one.

BTW it’s kind of like a spiritual warfare litany, not one of the saints or other classic prayer.

Thanks for taking the time to look.:thumbsup:

Hi!

I found this litany in April 2002 issue:
Litany of Freedom
"For freedom Christ set us free" (Gal 5:1). With longing to grow in Gospel freedom, we pray:

Where there is hatred and warfare
Lord, by your truth, set us free
Where there is slavery and oppression
Where there is conflict and division
Where there is darkness and despair
Etc.
Where there is hostility and aggression…

Is this the right one? If so, I will type out the rest for you…

“At the evening of life, we shall be judged by love” St John of the Cross

Hrm…I’m not sure if it’s the right one. I thought the refrain was 'Deliver us/me(?) And the one line I can barely remember was something like "From fantasies/daydreaming (?)…deliver me.

Again, I’m not sure.

I’m not positive what issue it was in but I’m pretty sure it was April 2001. I left it in church.:frowning:

I do appreciate you taking the time to look.:tiphat:

Me again!

I went through the April 2001 issue page by page and the only litany I found was not what you described. It’s called “The Litany of Fruitfulness”. Nothing about deliver me from daydreaming/ fantasies. Sorry. Do you have any other ideas what issue it might be? I went through the April 2002 again and nothing there. I do have all the issues back to January 1999, but going through all of them would be a bit much since there is close to 80 of them. I’ll be glad to go through particular issues if you think it could be a different year or month. Let me know.

“At the evening of life, we shall be judged by love.” St. John of the Cross

Hi Bruised Reed! It’s me again.

I’ve been sick these last few days, so I decided to go through some more of my Magnificats to see if I could find your litany.
In August of 2001, I found one called Litany of Abandonment.
It begins:
From the temptation to give up, Lord deliver me.
From the temptation to disappointment, Lord deliver me.
From the temptation to fear and dread,
From the temptation to cynicism,
From the temptation to skepticism,
etc.
It doesn’t have any line on daydreaming or fantasies, but I thought this might be a possibility. What do you think?
God bless!!!

“At the evening of life, we shall be judged by love.” St. John of the
Cross

Hi! Just pulling this up in case Bruised Reed didn’t see my last reply…

God bless!!

[quote=brbschrmnn]Hi Bruised Reed! It’s me again.

I’ve been sick these last few days, so I decided to go through some more of my Magnificats to see if I could find your litany.
In August of 2001, I found one called Litany of Abandonment.
It begins:
From the temptation to give up, Lord deliver me.
From the temptation to disappointment, Lord deliver me.
From the temptation to fear and dread,
From the temptation to cynicism,
From the temptation to skepticism,
etc.
It doesn’t have any line on daydreaming or fantasies, but I thought this might be a possibility. What do you think?
God bless!!!

“At the evening of life, we shall be judged by love.” St. John of the
Cross
[/quote]

I don’t think this one is it but I’m still interested. I don’t know that one. I don’t know if you want to put it in an email or type it here.

I’m not giving up. At this point, the only thing I’m sure about is that it was in Magnificat and towards the beginning (before the Missal part).

brbschrmnn, thanks for taking the time to look. Bless you for doing that. I wish I could do more.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.