Pls pray for my friend

Please pray for my friend who is brain-damaged as result of an accident. She has been so for the past few years and has to rely totally on her parent (almost like second childhood).

I regularly go to her house to pray for her (around once a month). Actually I don’t really know her as she’s someone other friends have asked me to pray for. She is in her late 20s and her parents are retired. I tell you, the atmosphere in her house is extremely depressing. And I feel so helpless every time I go there. What can I do/say? How can my prayers help her? After all, I’m not the only one regularly praying for her. Others are too. Why does the Lord not help her? Is it because she still can be “used” to touch others? (sounds cruel, I know) Ah well…

Lord, when is it right to say to people…You are dealing with reality. If a leg is lost no amount of prayer will regrow it. There is no failure in a physical reality that isn’t changed by prayer. Sometimes there are miracles of physical healing but not as often as people hope, sometimes nature takes its course. It sounds as if the family needs emotional and perhaps spiritual healing. Pray still, for that healing… but bring some light yourself with your visits, cheerfulness and playfulness. A game, flowers.
Lord grant healing through the prayers and smiles and little thoughtful acts of this person to parents and dear damaged girl.

For the possibility of great good to exist, the possibility for great evil must also exist, otherwise the world would like the biblical Paradise; safe, with no knowledge of Good and Evil, and no change. A kindergarten.

The people who care for your friend are getting lessons. Your friend is getting a lesson. A hard one, unfortunately, but the reasons may not be known until the end of time.

I will remember your friend in my chaplet of Divine Mercy later today. I highly recommend praying the chaplet for her yourself – it is full of grace.

Praying for you too. :crossrc:

Please know that my prayers are with your friend, with her family and with you!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

I have prayed for your friend and will continue.

***+JMJTJ+

Your friend and her family will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying
Grandma Glor

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.