Pls Suggest A Book

Dear Friends,

I have a niece who's becoming 18th the next month.
Would like to purchase a book for her regarding
the proper relation between men/women, which
may lead to more engagement and put them
into the right blessed path by God.
Please suggest a book to purchase from Amazon.com.
With my deep gratitude.
Waiting for your response.
God bless and Peace and Good to you all.
Nohamaria:)

Check out Coleen Kelly Mast's website for good materials (love and life booklets). She is one of the hosts for the Dr. is in radio show every day on EWTN Radio:

sexrespect.com/

Also, if you think she is old enough you may want to get Steve Woods book: ABC's of Choosing a Good Husband:

familylifecenter.net/

And let her know about the following website:

chastity.com/

In the past, we've bought "And the Bride Wore White" and "The ABCs of Choosing a Good Husband" for our daughters, on Amazon.

I don't have time to check if these are currently available on Amazon. Sorry!

Dawn Eden's book The Thrill of the Chaste: Finding Fullfillment While Keeping Your Clothes On. She is a Jewish/secular convert who struggled for a while after her conversion w/, as she stated, sin/repentence, sin/repentence. Great story and is also selling her masters' thesis on theology of the body to help finance her Phd in theology. She has a website where her thesis is available for $10.

Dear Friends the posters,

Am very thankful for all your replies. But am still waiting
for more suggestions about already read books by some
youth and would like to advise it to me.
Hope I will get some response, otherwise, I will follow
what I get till now.
God Bless you all.

When I was in college, a good friend of mine bought me What's a Girl to Do While Waiting for Mr. Right? by Janet Folger. Not specifically about the relationship between men and women, but a great look at being single and doing all you can while you're single (not just looking for your future husband, but living every day for God). Note - she's Christian, but not Catholic - an amazing pro-life woman (my friend actually bought me the book when we went to hear her speak at a conference in DC).

amazon.com/Whats-Girl-Do-While-Waiting/dp/159052330X

Thanks again for the advices.
I think I should wait few more days before
ordering the book. Hope will get more responses.
God Bless You All.

If You Really Loved Me: 100 Questions on Dating, Relationships, and Sexual Purity

Perfect for her age.

I think I should also just add that Jason Evert is affiliated with Catholic Answers. The book is wonderful and very orthodox.

Thank you Kib for the advice. Is he the Author
of the book:" If you really love me". Am a bit
confused here?:confused:
Peace and Good
nohamaria:)

Yes, he is the author.

[quote="kib, post:11, topic:207784"]
Yes, he is the author.

[/quote]

Thank you kib, I followed your advice.
Peace and Good

I love "What to do while waiting for Mr. Right". I have read it many times and have suggested to multiple of my friends. i have bought 3 copies because i kept loaning mine out! She talkes to you like you are in a coffee shop so its a really easy read for people. amazon.com/Whats-Girl-Do-While-Waiting/dp/159052330X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282700599&sr=1-1

i also like "Lady in waiting" amazon.com/Lady-Waiting-Devotional-Journal-Study/dp/1560432985/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282700540&sr=8-2 Great book on talking about being a proverbs women and being like the women of the bible and what god's plan is for women.

my old roommate loved "I kissed dating goodbye" I didn't like it because i was older (late 20's at the time) and thought it was more apporaiate for those just starting to date or Young Adults since he does more with life teen etc. And that might be the age your going for. But either of the books i mentioned before are also good for the same age.

[quote="nohamaria, post:12, topic:207784"]
Thank you kib, I followed your advice.
Peace and Good

[/quote]

Wonderful choice! I pray that spiritual fruits abound while she reads it!! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.