Pocket Pc

Has the Catholic church placed the liturgy in an electronic format that can be read on a pocket pc? It sounds nerdy, but I find it easy to vavigate with mine. I would like to be able to view the readings and service structure using my own version. Any one heard of this?

[quote=Bama_Brewer]Has the Catholic church placed the liturgy in an electronic format that can be read on a pocket pc? It sounds nerdy, but I find it easy to vavigate with mine. I would like to be able to view the readings and service structure using my own version. Any one heard of this?
[/quote]

I would love to have this for my hubby going through RCIA.
He still feels like he is not “part of the club.” I think this would help him.

Well that is kind of how I started thinking about it. I finished RCIA last Easter and am now Catholic, but I find myself still relying on the churches paper version, which is sometimes awkward to use. Thank you for the reply. Hopefully, someone will have the resource we are looking for. :thumbsup:

I use a Palm (not a big fan of Pocket PC). Here is a website that you can convert these documents to be read in a Pocket PC

the-wongs.net/chris/doc/index.html

Also, subsciribe to Avant Go www.avantgo.com and you can access “Mobile Gabriel” channel which has the daily mass readings and “Universalis” channel which has the Office of the readings downloaded into daily files. This is free and can be used in both Palm and PPC.

Hope this helps.

Here is a great website for Catholic works in MS Reader format as well.

ruthannzaroff.com/catholicclassics/index.htm

Things like the CCC, the Code of Canon Law, some works of Chesterton, St. Augustine’s ‘Confessions’

I’ve got most of them on my PockePC, plus some others, like St. John of the Cross’ “Dark Night of the Soul”

You can also get several free Bibles for the PocketPC on www.Olivetree.com

They have a free Douay-Rhiems and Vulgate, and the NAB for a small cost.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.