Poetry Anyone?

If you enjoy poetry, what poem or poet do you turn to often? For me it is the Four Quartets by T.S. Eliot. In case you haven’t read it, here is a link.
tristan.icom43.net/quartets/

i like wanda szymborska (not sure if that spelling is correct), william stafford and emily dickinson. but i have a copy of horace’s odes on the shelf that i pick up and read at random for inspiration.

I used to memorize and recite poetry as a hobby… two of my most epic were “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner” by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (but I don’t still remember it, I’d need to refresh it if I wanted to do it again) and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss (I can still remember that one. I really like some of Dr. Seuss’ writing not only 'cause of the style but also the morals presented, eg Horton Hears a Who, “A person is a person no matter how small”). Another one is “Jabberwocky” by Lewis Carroll, that can be a bit tricky 'cause of all the made up words. Ah and then there’s A. B. Patterson, a famous Australian bush poet.

It was The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner which I read for the first time as a high school sophomore that made me interested in poetry. I was blessed by having a gifted teacher who was blind. This teacher also made Shakespeare come alive for me. I haven’t reread the Mariner for years. I will do so because of your post.

Just published my first collection of poems called Faith.

http://static.lulu.com/product/paperback/faith/15391837/thumbnail/320

Would welcome feedback. You can see the contents on my poetry website here to see if you like it or not.

Many of the poems are inspired by stories of friends, families and the struggles of prisoners dealing with the issues of their faith journey.

Keats for me. Ode to a Nightengale.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.