Pokemon card game?

Connecting with my earlier pokemon thread, I've started playing the pokemon tcg online. It's pretty fun, but I've noticed some things that I think might be wrong with the game (the tcg itself, not the online implementation specifically).

The main thing I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be a point to the evolution mechanic. Now I've only been playing with the premade decks they give you in the game, which i'm pretty sure are deliberately poor, so you have to go out and buy a physical deck to redeem the code etc. While I'm struggling to keep my monsters alive long enough to get a stage one evolution in my hand, the computer has strong basic pokemon like onix pummeling me.

To sum it up: why waste precious deck space including weak basics with 40-60 HP that are only good for their stage 1 and 2 cards, when you can just find strong basics that don't evolve, even though they aren't as strong as stage 2 cards, and clean the floor with those.

the other frustrating thing I'm running into is that I'd love to go out and buy a deck or two to play with my friend, since he's recently gotten back into the game with his brother, but the fact that i'm legally blind (with a progressive condition) makes it seem like a waste of money. The chief problem isn't looking at my own hand; I have a magnifier for that, but seeing what my opponent's active and benched pokemon are. In the online TCG that's not a problem because I can examine each of their visible cards in detail before making a move, but asking my opponent to see their benched or active pokemon every turn so I can figure out what to do would get old fast. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the reason why I don't do well at it, or at other board/card games for that matter, because I can't see everything that's going on at a glance.

While I doubt you'd have any first hand experience like this, I wonder if any of you might not have a few suggestions. Not just for the TCG, but for games in general. I also like chess. (though I find pokemon more engaging and fun)

I'm not sure what you want here. For us to give you tips on how to play pokemon card games? I think you're on the wrong forum for that. :p

Are you after suggestions for other games a partially blind person can play? Not sure I can help with that either, but chess sounds like fun!

What's a TCG? :confused:

well, I was just throwing out my thoughts here, and yeah they're pretty much non sequitur, but anything related to my two topics i guess

[quote="GIR, post:3, topic:237425"]
well, I was just throwing out my thoughts here, and yeah they're pretty much non sequitur, but anything related to my two topics i guess

[/quote]

I'm still not sure what it is you're asking for, but I hope someone else is able to give you an answer!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.