Police: Approximately 20 dead inside Florida nightclub after mass shooting

Orlando, Florida (CNN)Approximately 20 people are dead inside Pulse nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in the club. At least 42 people have been transported for medical treatment, he said.
Police have shot and killed the gunman, Mina told reporters.
“It’s appears he was organized and well-prepared,” the chief said, adding that he had an assault-type weapon and a handgun.
Orlando authorities said they consider the violence an act of domestic terror. The FBI is involved.

cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html

FBI: There are “suggestions” shooter at Orlando nightclub had radical Islamic leanings abcn.ws/1U7F8pi

twitter.com/abc/status/741959051060252672

Horrific, sad, and its deja vu. It appears that the terrorist appeared to be of an ideology that we have had to suffer through until we can secure our country. Until then its Do It Yourself.

Twenty dead and many shot - this just took place in Israel this week. Why should we be wide open for these blood thirsty nuts to freely move around and kill? Its not unique to the US - so no need for the left to claim Americans hate Islam. Is all of Europe not well acquainted with these psychos? No need to use the proper noun, Islam, as a twisted example of an insult. It is reality that the origin for these acts is claimed by the terrorists. These claims help identify those who connect with more terror - that is easy to figure out.

Posting regarding this subject demands caution to avoid any misconstruing of intent.
I wish to make it clear I am not insulting anyone or their religion.

I do wish to reiterate that President Obama has fundamentally assisted in bringing about the current state of death and destruction. IMO he should have been impeached for aiding the enemy of the United States.

So far, that’s just an unsubstantiated rumor.

BREAKING: Orlando gunman identified as Omar Mateen, born in 1986: report - @BNONews

bit.ly/1UofOcU

twitter.com/conflicts/status/741981198113722368

MORE: Suspect in #PulseShooting, was a U.S. citizen from Port Saint Lucie, FL. Parents from Afghanistan. - @CBSNews

twitter.com/conflicts/status/741981860633444353

This is sad news.

Orlando has had a bloody weekend. Saturday morning the singer from the Voice and her killer died. Then this morning, this shooting.

God have mercy on those who died and their families.

They don’t know whether the terrorist is associated with radical Islam. I heard he is thought to be a lone wolf and domestic terrorist. Perhaps the fact this is a gay nightclub, or so I heard, may have been related to the attack, but I am just speculating. This tragic incident comes on the heels of the killing of the young singer from The Voice, which also took place in Orlando.

CNN is leaning toward international terrorist. Commentators say the FBI doesn’t throw that info out lightly.

Boy, you are on top of this. Thanks for posting.

Abyssinia always has the latest information.

I heard on the news that the club may have been an LGBT one. If this is true then it’s a little bit worse as it could have been against that group of people in general. I have heard this from one source though.

I think the fact that it was a popular gay club is no coincidence.

It was against a group of people-Americans .

That’s rather obvious I was saying what I heard on the news.

I agree

I pray for all of their souls, as well as peace for their families and friends.

By radical Islamic terrorists? I just seen this, looks like the largest Islamic terrorist attack since 911.

Maybe Obama will address 2nd amendment gun laws and the PC conversation about not calling terrorists Islamic. :thumbsup:

huffingtonpost.com/2016/06/12/shooting-rampage-results-in-mass-casualties-at-orlando-nightclub_n_10424808.html

Another one? This needs to stop!

I don’t get angry a lot but this did it. Enough is enough we need to crack down a bit more.

Of course not but its also no indication of assimilated americans united but points to radical islamic agenda. Its also an indication of divisive politics obviously and the end result of it.

I mean its time to remove politics and the pc conversation from real enemy threats. And thats been an on-going issue sorry to say.

Islamic State sympathizers on Twitter have begun to tweet anti-LGBT messages with the hashtag #Pulse following the shooting at the Orlando nightclub where 20 people were killed by gunman Omar Mateen. The gunman, Omar Mateen, was engaged in a shootout with police outside the night club at about 2 a.m., police said at a press conference. Mateen then entered the night club and took hostages. He was armed with an assault-type rifle, a handgun and a “suspicious device,” authorities said. Local FBI Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge Ron Hopper said at the press conference that there are “suggestions” the gunman “may have leanings” toward Jihadist ideology. Hopper had been asked about whether the shooter was connected to radical Islamic terrorism. Hopper said they can’t say definitively whether the gunmen is connected to that ideology. He said we’re looking into all angles right now.” ISIS supporters and sympathizers on Twitter posted messages after the shooting, but there have been no official claims by the Islamic State terror organization. Click on to see tweets by alleged ISIS sympathizers.

Above is an image from an ISIS photo report showing the execution of gay men. Homosexuality is “illegal” in sharia law and according to Islamic law, homosexuals are subject to being thrown off the top of a building then stoned. (Twitter)

heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-mateen-pulse-orlando-florida-shooting-gunman-attack-isis-islamic-state-pulse-tweets-twitter-claims-screenshots/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.