Police in Iceland kill first suspect ever in shooting

huff.to/1chMVZr

It's pretty amazing that this is a first for them!!

I agree, especially considering the often free flow of alcohol and the amount of guns available in the community.

Nevertheless, my prayers go to all affected.

[quote="Mount_Carmel, post:2, topic:346975"]
I agree, especially considering the often free flow of alcohol and the amount of guns available in the community.

[/quote]

That was my first thought as well :shrug:

[quote="Mount_Carmel, post:2, topic:346975"]

[/quote]

I'd say it isn't surprising because Iceland isn't culturally diverse and has very low income inequality. The availability of guns and booze has very little to do with low crime.

[quote="Burt_Macklin, post:4, topic:346975"]
I'd say it isn't surprising because Iceland isn't culturally diverse and has very low income inequality. The availability of guns and booze has very little to do with low crime.

[/quote]

Well, a two situations you quote certainly do help the situation, but alcohol like other drugs, is a known rationality and mood scrambler.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.