Police officers Slain

news.aol.com/article/pennsylvania-police-shooting/414264?icid=main|classic|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fpennsylvania-police-shooting%2F414264

I just do not understand!! :’( Why are there SO many killings happening recently? Do they happen all the time like this? I’ve never noticed so much in all my life, at least not in America. Please pray for these 3 slain police officers and their families.

Dear Lord, have mercy on their souls, and have compassion on their shocked and grieving families. I know they’ll receive support from their fellow officers and families, but they also need Your help to cope and heal. Please fill and surround them with Your light and love. Thank You, Lord

Eternal rest grant unto them o Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

Lord, I pray for the families of these three police officers. May they find comfort in your Son and find good friends to help ease their pain. May they grow only closer to you through this tragedy. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Interesting…

Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn’t clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Very sad. :signofcross:

For the recovery of the minds of those driven toward the hateful crime of murder, we ask Lord Your mercy be upon them in their final day of judgement.
For the persons in charge of the law, that it is kept, and anarchy does not overrun the society we pray Lord
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from every evil, Amen
for Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. Forever, Amen

***My dh told me about this today…and I couldn’t believe it…this was a domestic dispute call, and I just was so sadly shocked to hear that it went this awry. I have these men and their families in my prayers. ***

Praying for these officers and their families.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Praying very hard for them. I live about 7 miles from where this occured. It’s been devastating to the Pittsburgh area. We also lost an FBI agent recently during a raid on an alleged drug dealers home. Many children are now fatherless and wives without husbands, it’s a crying shame!

Amen

For these, and all whose lives have been lost in the line of duty-

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please accept all those killed recently in those events reported in the news and those not, into Your Heavenly Kingdom. Have mercy upon their souls, and console their families and friends. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord. And let Your Perpetual Light shine upon them. May they rest in peace.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

It came out today that the 911 operator was told by the mother that her son owned weapons and kept them in the house. The 911 operator had only been there for a year and neglected to type in that weapons were present at the site. This is really a sad story for our Pittsburgh Police.

May God grant their souls rest and hold their families close during these most difficult times.:signofcross:

I prayed several rosaries today as I was watching the memorial service today. It was very moving to watch, indeed.

Eternal rest grant unto them, Oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. Amen

Eternal Father, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.