Police seek info on couple who committed ‘lewd act’ in Galleria parking lot

Newark Post:

Police seek info on couple who committed ‘lewd act’ in Galleria parking lot

Police are looking for two people who were captured on cell phone video having sex in the parking lot behind the Galleria on Saturday afternoon.
Photos and videos of the incident quickly went viral after several witnesses posted them to Instagram and other social media websites.

Lt. Mark A. Farrall, a spokesman for the Newark Police Department, said the incident happened sometime in the afternoon hours near some dumpsters behind the building at 45 East Main St.
It happened “in broad daylight” and “in plain view of numerous passersby,” Farrall noted.
“It’s certainly not conduct that will be tolerated,” he said.

Several people reported the photos to the police, and officers themselves saw them on social media, Farrall said. The incident was not reported while it was in progress.

It’s bad enough for the couple that they were caught on cell phones and their images have gone world wide, but why do they police and DA consider it worthwhile pursuing them?

Wow that is sick. I definitely think charges should be pressed.

I thought it was in their car at first… apparently not… it was behind a Dunkin Donuts dumpster! How classy.

And why do we care?

Apparently, quite a few people didn’t care enough to report the crime, but did care enough to take pictures.

Quoting from the news article:
*Several people reported the photos to the police, and officers themselves saw them on social media, Farrall said. The incident was not reported while it was in progress. *

Why do we care if people break public decency laws? Well it is because we do not want such behavior to become so commonplace that our children are exposed to it and think it is “normal”.

At least they could have selected a Starbucks dumpster! :stuck_out_tongue:

Starbucks dumpsters are generally over-roasted and a bit pretentious. Dunkin Donuts dumpsters have more of a down-to-earth, everyman feel. :smiley:

Yikes.
They must have been very, very St. Patrick’s Day drunk.

This is the dumbest thing Ive heard in awhile, I sincerely hope none my local police would spend money and time actively searching out 2 people who willingly had sex behind a dumpster! LOL.

The more I think about this, the more it seems like an inside joke of some kind, I cant see any police dept taking this serious.

What kind of AP would they put out anyway…“UH, we are looking for 2 people who just had sex” They must think the overall public is pretty stupid! LOL

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.