Police: Teens Set Boy On Fire

KCCI (Des Moines):

Police: Teens Set Boy On Fire

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Police said two teenagers poured gasoline on a 13-year-old Kansas City boy and lit him on fire Tuesday, reported KMBC-TV.
Police said the incident happened Tuesday at the teen’s home just down the street from Kansas City’s East High School. The boy lives less than two blocks away from the school and was walking home when the it happened, police said.

Melissa Coon said her son turned from the school’s stadium onto Quincy Avenue and noticed two teenagers following him. She said the teens followed her son home and poured gas on him outside his front door.
“And they rushed him on the porch as he tried to get the door open,” she told KMBC-TV. “(One of them) poured the gasoline, then flicked the Bic, and said, ‘This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy’.”

The two teens ran away, and the eighth grader put the fire out with the shirt off his back. He called 911 on his own, then his father. He was taken by ambulance to Children’s Mercy Hospital and spent several hours in the hospital’s burn unit.

Do you suppose we’ll see any Martin-style national media attention on this case?

Has President Obama addressed yet the parents of Allen Coon?

I don’t see how the cases compare. I’m sure attempts will be made to identify and prosecute the two teenagers responsible. In the case of Trayvon Martin, his killer pursued him after the police told him not to, yet he has not been arrested. He claims self-defense when it was he who initiated the altercation; Trayvon was outweighed by 100 pounds and unarmed. It is an outrage. I’m sorry, but an aggressor cannot claim self-defense, in my opinion. He chose to instigate the fight; Trayvon Martin was the one defending himself, not the other way around. Do some research on the Sanford Police Dept. They have a history of indifference towards blacks.

That said, this is horrible. I know this is going to sound messed up, but I hope there was at least some bad history between these kids, only because if these two did that for no reason, it makes it even more upsetting. But even if there were bad feelings between them, this is barbaric and I’ll be praying they are caught and given the harshest sentence they can get.

From americanthinker.com/2012/03/was_boy_in_kc_fire_attack_a_victim_of_his_schools_racist_teaching.html#ixzz1q2pV7RtF :

March 7, 2012
Was Boy in K.C. Fire Attack a Victim of His School’s Racist Teaching?
By Selwyn Duke

As has already been reported, Allen was a victim of a vicious racial attack last week in which two older black teens doused him with gasoline and set him alight, saying, “This is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy.” Not surprisingly, Coon has pulled her son out of East High and, concerned about further racial violence, intends to leave the K.C. area.

While this crime is making headlines, Coon states that it was merely the horrible culmination of continual racial harassment her son had to endure at East High. Moreover, after conducting an investigation that included extensive interviews with parents and students, I’ve learned that Coon’s son is not alone. Other white students also report a pattern of racial harassment at the high school at the hands of their peers – and, shockingly, their teachers.

Two of these victims were the twin 14-year-old daughters (first names withheld upon request) of Karin Wildeisen. Ever since their family relocated from Texas, they had endured racial animosity in the Kansas City school system and inappropriate behavior by staff, which included teachers laughing while boys humiliatingly manhandled the girls and a teacher slapping one of them on the backside. But there was far worse to come.

The twins started coming home and talking about the goings-on in an advanced-English class taught by a teacher Wildeisen identifies as Ms. Veda Monday. Wildeisen said that her daughters told her, “There are four white kids in the class; they are being targeted racially.” They said that Monday, who is black, was feeding the class racial material, about which Wildeisen notes, “She’s teaching advanced English; she has no reason to be teaching civil rights.”

But then there was the straw that broke the camel’s back. One day, Monday allegedly showed an explicit film involving portrayals of whites lynching blacks and then, reports ex-Texan Wildeisen, “in front of the class attacked my daughters, telling them that ‘everybody from Texas is ignorant rednecks’” and that all white people were “responsible for Jasper because [their] skin is white.” This reference is to an atrocity in Jasper, TX, in which three white men murdered a black man in 1998.

Where would a teacher get the idea that all whites are responsible for the Jasper tragedy? It’s not hard to figure out. Black liberation theology (BLT) instructs…

Read more: americanthinker.com/2012/03/was_boy_in_kc_fire_attack_a_victim_of_his_schools_racist_teaching.html#ixzz1q2r3Ms6I

Here’s some more background - quote from americanthinker.com/2012/03/was_boy_in_kc_fire_attack_a_victim_of_his_schools_racist_teaching.html :

The boy raised his hand, eager to answer the question. “What would you know about it?” exclaimed the teacher dismissively. “You’re not our race.”
This was not dialogue from a Hollywood movie. According to a woman named Melissa Coon, it was what a teacher at East High School in Kansas City told her 13-year-old son, Allen, when he attempted to answer a question during Black History Month. Coon identifies that teacher as Mrs. Karla Dorsey, who is black; Allen is white.

The end result of this is that Wildeisen, like Melissa Coon, decided to pull her children out of East High. Also like Coon, she intends to leave the area, saying that it and the school are a “powder keg.” As for now, her daughters are studying at home via a distance-learning program.

Another white victim is 15-year-old Ashley Miller, whose family had moved to K.C., MO, from Kansas. Subject to racial harassment, she was called names such as “white b****.” She also actually shared a class with Allen Coon, and as the only two white students in the room, they became the target of sexual comments. Moreover, she reports the same experience with race-baiting videos as do the Wildeisens: they would be shown, and an onus would be placed on the white students. Her mother Melissa told me that she now fears for her daughter’s safety and, you guessed it, is in the process of withdrawing Ashley from East High. And the rest of the pattern is holding, too: the Millers are contemplating leaving the area.

Yet even putting the brutal fire attack aside, Melissa Coon’s young boy by far got the worst of it. The tow-headed Allen looks like “the classic all-American white boy,” says his mother, and “after the first week [of school] he was nothing but racially harassed.” She says that “he was called every racial slur you can imagine,” such as “honkey,” “cracker,” “whitey,” and “guero” (a Spanish slang term for whites that can be used in a derogatory way). He was, she reports, pushed into lockers and was jumped in the bathroom. And even before the recent attack, he was sometimes menaced by groups that would follow him part of the way home.

Even more damning, though, is that multiple educators were complicit in the harassment. Mrs. Coon related an incident in which a teacher she identifies as Ms. Carla Kinder called Allen “Casper” and then “got all the students to get involved.” Other times, the students would initiate the harassment, and the teachers would pick up the baton. “They would tease him; people would make fun of him, and they’d chime in,” said Coon.

Read more: americanthinker.com/2012/03/was_boy_in_kc_fire_attack_a_victim_of_his_schools_racist_teaching.html#ixzz1q2ubbmgJ

Have they allowed the murderers to walk free? This is false equivalency at its finest!

Quote from digg.com/newsbar/Politics/you_get_what_you_deserve_white_boy_13_year_old_set_on_fire_in_horrific_racially_charged_attack :

‘YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE, WHITE BOY’: 13-YEAR-OLD SET ON FIRE IN HORRIFIC RACIALLY CHARGED ATTACK
Posted on March 4, 2012 at 9:53pm by Erica Ritz

The police say the boy was engulfed in a “large fireball,” but was able to beat out the flames to call 911 and his father. In addition to suffering first degree burns, he has lost his eyebrows, eyelashes, and part of the skin on his face. There is also long-term concern about his eyes and lungs.

The family intends to move out of fear that the attackers went to their son’s school, which KMBC reports he will not return to. Melissa Coon, the boy’s mother, said her youngest son, 5, asked her, “Mom, am I going to get set on fire today?”

“I was in tears,” she said.

So this mother reports her story to The American Thinker? An interesting choice of media outlets. I think most people would want their story to be presented in such an outlet.

Thinking of Trayvon Martin and Allen Coon…

quote from thenewamerican.com/opinion/selwyn-duke/11046-teen-set-on-fire-in-racial-attack-media-silent :

Teen Set on Fire in Racial Attack; Media Silent
WRITTEN BY SELWYN DUKE
THURSDAY, 01 MARCH 2012 13:00

Some may say that the media are reluctant to stir up racial unrest, but this never seems to stop them when the races of the victim and attackers are reversed. Could you imagine the hue and cry if two older white teenagers had set an innocent black child alight while saying, “You get what you deserve, black boy”? The headlines coast to coast would be cast in neon, and the media would love it — it would give them another chance to agitate for more hate-crime legislation.

This is exactly what happened after the horrible dragging death of black victim James Byrd by three white men in 1998; it was headline news for months and led to the creation of a Texas hate-crime law. Meanwhile, when three “youths” beat a cab driver and his passenger while shouting racial epithets in Philadelphia recently, D.A. spokeswoman Tasha Jamerson said that hate-crime charges wouldn’t be forthcoming “because there was no evidence that the assault had been motivated by the race of the victims” (no, just the racial hatred of the assailants).

I think she probably told the story to whoever asked.

With all of this new information coming in, I am shocked. It sounds likes many of the teachers and all of the administrators of this school need to be fired and blackballed from the educational community. This is just disgusting. I never would have imagined. I, myself, graduated from a mostly black high school where the ratio was probably 20:2 black to white, and never faced this kind of treatment. In fact, the racial tension was zero. And I live in the Deep South! It’s incomprehensible how this kind of hatred and bigotry can still persist, on either side of the racial line.

Yes, the other story will be made about race and gun control since the dead is black and the shooter is white.

This one will go nowhere.

I haven’t heard any talk of gun control so far in the coverage I’ve followed, though admittedly there has been talk of the race factor. But, one must admit, it is justified. The perpetrator did make some racist comments in his 911 call.

Ultimately, the crime itself is not what makes the Trayvon Martin case such an exceptional outrage: it is the lack of justice. That man should be in jail, without a question. I could care less whether Trayvon was white, Chinese, Indian, doesn’t matter. That man started a physical altercation, after being specifically told not to by a police dispatcher, and HIS actions, not Trayvon’s, led to an innocent 17 year old boy being dead.

So long as justice is pursued in the other case, there is no need for national attention. Yes, it’s equally disgusting and horrible, but if it is being properly handled, there is no need for public pressure. Now, as I’m learning through the information coming to light, public pressure may be needed to reform this school. These teachers most certainly need to be removed from duty, and I would say even face criminal charges for harassment and inciting violence. Whatever they can throw at them. I guess it remains to be seen what will be done in that respect…

Not quite. The deceased (Martin) was Black and the shooter (Zimmerman) is Hispanic and a member of a Black/Hispanic family. But, that isn’t what the media and race baiters like Jesse Jackson are shouting because it doesn’t support their mission. They prefer to spread their version of events instead.

Trayvon Martin Shooter George Zimmerman Is Hispanic Member Of Black/Hispanic Family
patdollard.com/2012/03/trayvon-martin-shooter-george-zimmerman-is-hispanic-
member-of-blackhispanic-family/

That is not the version I’ve been reading, at least not the only version.

No:(

It is not my intent to derail this thread, but here is a version of what I’ve also been reading regarding the Martin shooting. This is the first article I’ve read from a MSM source that offers a different account of events, though. So, maybe there is more to the story that will come out.

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman
myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

This is an absolutely horrific event and a tragic story. Thank God the boy didn’t die.

Now the police are going to be looking for the attackers…as they should. They aren’t going to let them walk free.

This doesn’t really seem to have anything to do with Trayvon Martin.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, The Red Stick - I used to live in New Orleans, baby! :smiley: The son of an acquaintance attended a high school that was 90% black, the kid was white, and he loved that school. There was no racial tension there, either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.