Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals ‘Said He No Longer Had to Be Politically Correct’

time.com/4635835/christopher-von-keyserling-sexual-assault/

I admire her courage: this sort of thing’s never easy to report. Here’s hoping he gets punished accordingly.

Incredible.:frowning: :mad:

Far out. Thank goodness she reported it and it was caught on Security Camera so that he can be arrested and convicted.

The difference with Trumps allegations, was the timing was far too convenient and it can’t be a trial by media, it should be in the Police’s hands to investigate them, not the media’s, Let alone a trial by the Democrat Party in cohesion with the Media to destroy their opponent.

Thank you for reading
Josh

True, with CCTV in more and more places, I hope it becomes easier for them to report it and enough evidence provided to convict people who commit such crimes. I hope women are encouraged to report it as soon as or very close to when it’s happened, because if they leave it too late, evidence can be lost and if it’s at a certain time later on which is favorable to someone else or themselves, credibility can be questioned.

If it’s reported straight away or very soon after, credibility is more likely and so is evidence.

Thank you for reading
Josh

I don’t think you understand how hard it is to report this sort of thing. If he isn’t found guilty, he could sue her for defamation, and depending on how they’re connected, he could potentially pressure her hire-ups to fire. Not to mention that there are many people out there, police included, who don’t have a lot of compassion for sexual assault victims. Out of all possible crimes, it is rape/sexual assault that carries the most stigma for the victim.

Consider this with regard to Trump; if you were violated by one of the richest men in the world, would you thrust yourself into the public eye to be judged by people who have never met you, and set yourself up to be harassed by his loyal followers? Would you risk the financial devastation that you would experience if he decided to sue you for defamation? Would you risk losing your job over the negative publicity? Think of Bill Cosby’s accusers: they didn’t come forward until years after the fact, when they realized that there was other evidence out there to support their claims. There’s nothing illogical about the actions of Trump’s accusers.

Seeing as Trump is spending his Friday replacing Obama as president instead of sitting behind bars, I wouldn’t say that he suffered too much as a result of this supposed “trial by media.”

I corrected my post, because I agree, it would be very difficult for them to report this sort of thing.

Wouldn’t the burden of proof then be on him if he wanted to sue for defamation? And if he could prove the allegations were false, I don’t see why not, if neither can prove, then it wouldn’t go anywhere, but at least it was reported so that there is a history if it ever comes up again involving said parties.

That same blackmail can be used over lots of stuff not limited to sexual assault, aren’t there avenues people can go down in reporting that sort of black mail in the workplace?

True, it would carry the most stigma for the victim, I don’t know whether a lot of police are compassionate or not regarding this issue, I would like to think so and I wouldn’t make the opposite assumption. Also, there are many things at the disposal of the Police to better determine whether the alleged abuser is likely guilty or not.

Of course not, which is why it’s illogical they would go to the Democrats and Media rather than the Police and why they lose credibility. If they went to the Police, and the Police had some convincing evidence on him (Even if they couldn’t prove it), then it would be credible, and the victims could also remain anonymous.

Doesn’t he need the proof in order to sue for defamation?

If it’s through the police, they shouldn’t have to worry about that as much.

I don’t know all about Bill Cosby’s case, however, that was handled by the Police wasn’t it? It wasn’t a trial by media, although the media did try to do it, it was primarily the Police which had the final say.

I agree, now if the Police investigated it, and found convincing evidence, it would be a different story, coming from the Democrats and Media, especially at that time, just removes so much credibility I think.

I hope this has helped

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Being politically incorrect used to mean not being ridiculous in trying not to ‘offend’ others. Then it become being rude and obnoxious. Now apparently committing crimes. People like that politician are doing those who despise the excesses of political correctness a disfavour. They don’t even know what it means to be politically incorrect. Peter Hitchens would be a good example for guidance.

:mad: I’m from just a few towns over and went to school in Greenwich. I’m disgusted, but not surprised that there are people with entitled attitudes like this there.

Never heard of him until now. He must not be as famous as incoming President Donald Trump who of course bragged that he could do anything and get away with his escapades being famous and a star and all.

theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/07/donald-trump-leaked-recording-women

He was right. Never paid a price. In fact according to Pew, he was even propelled to the WH on the backs of many white Catholics and evangelicals.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/

=TheAmazingGrace;14406457]I don’t think you understand how hard it is to report this sort of thing. If he isn’t found guilty, he could sue her for defamation, and depending on how they’re connected, he could potentially pressure her hire-ups to fire. Not to mention that there are many people out there, police included, who don’t have a lot of compassion for sexual assault victims. Out of all possible crimes, it is rape/sexual assault that carries the most stigma for the victim.

Yes, I am quite aware of how that is hard to do.

Consider this with regard to Trump; if you were violated by one of the richest men in the world, would you thrust yourself into the public eye to be judged by people who have never met you, and set yourself up to be harassed by his loyal followers? Would you risk the financial devastation that you would experience if he decided to sue you for defamation? Would you risk losing your job over the negative publicity? Think of Bill Cosby’s accusers: they didn’t come forward until years after the fact, when they realized that there was other evidence out there to support their claims. There’s nothing illogical about the actions of Trump’s accusers.
Seeing as Trump is spending his Friday replacing Obama as president instead of sitting behind bars, I wouldn’t say that he suffered too much as a result of this supposed “trial by media.”

Every case brought against Donald J Trump was false or dropped for one reason or another.

thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/list-debunked-groper-allegations-corrupt-media-donald-trump/

Also, it would be people filing false police reports who would be in jail, and had Trump lost, you can bet real money those falsely accusing him would be the middle of at least civil trails if not criminal investigations.

I wouldn’t say he suffered too much either. Hopefully as you said in your OP, the politician in this news story gets punished accordingly.

He’s already been charged and is under investigation.

I don’t know about the other women, but as I’ve said before…I know one of the women who had a Trump altercation and came forward. She told the truth, she was not in “cohesion” with the media or the Democratic party, and her motivation was to make the public aware of the kind of man they were voting for.
In that sense, the timing makes perfect sense.

As far as trial by media, he himself provided Exhibit-A with his Access Hollywood tape.

EXACTLY. Yes.

=DaddyGirl;14406557**]I don’t know about the other women**, but as I’ve said before…I know one of the women who had a Trump altercation and came forward. She told the truth, she was not in “cohesion” with the media or the Democratic party, and her motivation was to make the public aware of the kind of man they were voting for.

Knowing her doesn’t mean she told the truth. That’s like saying “I know Juanita Broaddrick, therefore Bill Clinton did in fact rape her”.

But really what does this story have to do with Trump?

As far as trial by media, he himself provided Exhibit-A with his Access Hollywood tape.

EXACTLY. Yes.

Strawman argument.

And this media couldn’t conduct a fair trial for a ten million new subscriptions to the New York Times.

The man was obviously inspired by Trump’s words on the tape. Disrespect is contagious.

Exactly. Too often we blame the victims. While I agree we should give the accused the benefit of the doubt, we should afford the accusers the same treatment. It’s no secret that Trump disrespects women. Even if you concede that all of those women lied, he has indicted himself on multiple occasions.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too.

As a cornerstone of liberal ideology, we are not responsible for our own actions. It is rather interesting though that liberal commentary is so desperate to undermine President-elect Donald Trump that they are willing to defend a old, rich, straight, white, able-bodied republican male in basically an open-and-shut sexual assault case to get in their digs at the President-elect. I wonder what third-feminists obsessed with “rape culture” would say about that.

Of course, the risk is that he is not found responsible and gets off free because mind-control bozo rays from the tape affected his behavior. Kinda spooky, huh? :o

What is it with liberals and videos? First Benghazi was caused by a video and now this?

So then does that mean the disabled white male who was kidnapped, assaulted and tortured in Chicago was obviously inspired by Black Lives Matter, Shaun King, DeRay McKennson and even Hillary Clinton herself for allowing those mothers to speak at the DNC? There’s many more pristine, polished examples of that on record than an amateur tape of a private conservation of guy talk.

I also can’t help but notice the absence of feedback from various American political sectors on that issue, but how everyone speeds to discuss this incident.

Was there a videotape of Hillary claiming she liked to kidnap young disabled people and torture them?

[quote=DaddyGirl;14406557 **I don’t know about the other women, but as I’ve said before…I know one of the women who had a Trump altercation and came forward. She told the truth, she was not in “cohesion” with the media or the Democratic party, and her motivation was to make the public aware of the kind of man they were voting for.
[/quote]

I knew her at the time it happened as well, and she told me all about it right after the incident. But she does not have a video of it, as this woman does, so unfortunately she may never be able to prove it…except for the fact that she told close friends and family right away.

Your Clinton example…is odd to me. If you’ve known someone well for twenty years, you have a sense of what kind of person they are and/or if they are lying.
Do you know Juanita Broderick?
If you know her well and knew her at the time of the incident and she told you about it and you witnessed her crying, etc, right after and you know her to be a truth teller…then yes, I would be inclined to think it was true.

I assume it has to do with Trump because the story the OP posted is about a man in power and politics grabbing a woman sexually without her consent.
Plus, the politician’s quote implies that under the new Trump regime, there is no “political correctness” anymore.
So…it has a lot of links to the Trump issue.

This is not what a “strawman argument” is.

.**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.