Poll: Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton tied across battleground states

(1) I predict Trump won’t be able to solve the porous border problem. However, at least he has a plan to attempt to combat it.
(2) I really don’t think the NRA is going anywhere.
(3) Agreed taxes would be much higher under Clinton than Trump.

Back to the basics:

1. Supreme Court Justices … left wing appointees would permanently tilt the United States to the left.

I think we’ve already tipped permanently left. It’s too difficult to overturn liberal justices who invent constitutional law that isn’t there. Nonetheless, we can delay the inevitable with a Trump victory for at least the 2nd Ammendment protections.

1. Southern Border is porous … right now there is no one stopping the flood of undocumented people AND HEROIN entering the United States.

I don’t think Trump can stop the porous border problem. Building a wall is not what will solve this. Maybe Trump policies would be the first baby step towards a long term solution.

1. The U. S. tax structure is the worst in the developed world.

I do think that this would be a strength of the Trump Presidency - this I believe would be addressed by Trump. I think Clinton would be a disaster in this area.

1. Veterans are getting terrible treatment from the Veterans Administration.

I do think this will likely be addressed regardless who are next President is. I can’t imagine someone being as terrible on this issue as Obama has been. I really don’t have a gut feel regarding who would be better at addressing.

1. U.S. Foreign Policy is a disaster. [Most recent example: [-]$400/-] $1200+ MILLION in CASH flown to Iran under conditions of secrecy. If it was legitimate, they would do an electronic transfer. And that’s just the latest.]

No feel how Trump would be in this area. I do think Clinton would be disastrous.

1. Radical Islamic Terrorism is uncontested.

I’m not convinced Trump is the guy to adequately address this problem. I do think that Clinton would be a disaster.

1. Second Amendment. Gun control only controls law abiding citizens. Inner city crime and gang crime and black-on-black crime is epidemic.

The problems you address regarding black on black crime and inner city violence will not be solved at the national level. The 2nd Ammendment does hang in the balance on a whole though. Individual gun rights were upheld by a mere 5-4 majority. With Scalia’s death, it’s tied 4-4. The next Supreme Court justice could tilt the courts towards more restrictions on the citizenry.

1. The economy. Record numbers of people on food stamps. People forced into part-time work owing to restrictions by government controlled medical legislation. Make participation in government controlled medical to be optional: if you can find a better and/or cheaper plan then take it.

I’m not convinced Trump or Clinton has sold me on their abilities to turn the economy around.

1. Restrictions on religion. Freedom of Worship instead of freedom of religion. Mandatory Islam lessons in schools [as now in places] [Example: Why should the Little Sisters of the Poor be forced to purchase contraception?] [Example: Why should someone who posted dissection of aborted babies be prosecuted?]

I have more concerns about Clinton. Trump concerns me too. I wish we had better options regarding this issue.

1. Education: The United States ranks around 27th in math. WHY???

Good question.

1. U.S. Military is not being kept up to date. Navy is behind in technology and numbers and readiness. Aircraft are kept going using parts from the boneyard instead of buying new stuff. Troops are not training enough. Focus on social changes.

I think Trump would be better here, but it’s only a mild hunch.

1. Continued inner city collapse. In 1965, 24 percent of black infants were born to single mothers. In 2013, 72 percent of black infants were born to single mothers. Source: page 157, “Con Job” by Crystal Wright. “Con Job – How Democrats Gave Us Crime, Sanctuary Cities, Abortion Profiteering, and Racial Division”. Crystal Wright’s Web site is www.conservativeblackchick.com

Trump nor Clinton has the answer here. I don’t think anyone has an answer here. This needs to be solved at the local level. But how does one even begin to reform this mess?

That’s not even close to being true. Charity Watch has said that the Clinton Foundation used 88% of the funds it received in charitable projects, not 5%. They awarded the Foundation an A rating. Where did you get such a ridiculously low number?

Much of these issues are not the responsibility of the federal government.

Just interfered with by it

I found my information regarding the Clinton foundations charitable contributions by going to duckduckgo as my search engine. You will find articles concerning the limited amount of moneys actually donated as to how much funds were actually received. As I mentioned before do we actually know the truth?

Border Patrol is Federal.

Right now, they are standing down.

The President … Trump … can simply say: “Go back to work.”

Tax policy is mostly a Congressional jurisdiction … although the IRS is a bureaucracy reporting to the President.

However, Congressman Ryan has refused to do his duty … by confronting President Obama … however, he may decide to confront President Trump.

Agreed. Which is why Trump actually having a plan is much better than Clinton’s lack of one. With that said, it still won’t solve the porous border problem, although it would help.

If I had to compare it to something, I’d say right now that the faucet is currently on and there is no constraints on illegal passage into the US. However, simply ordering them to stop standing down will only slow the progress of ‘water’ coming through because it ignores the gaping holes in the piping. Building a wall won’t eliminate the gaping holes, but could help.

[/quote]

Agree

2 states that were solid red are now swing states.

Arizona and Georgia, big minority states, if 1 goes for Clinton, trumps chances diminish.

Because it is the Govt’s role to care for everyone, not the individual.
And if you are the US Govt, you are responsible for the poor in every other country.

Exactly
People have taken advantage of the system. But stuff like social security, welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, medicare has helped out a lot of good hard working people who have hit hard times.

fivethrityeight has them leaning GOP
[LIST]
*]Arizona
*]Georgia
*]North Carolina
*]Florida
*]Ohio
*]Iowa
[/LIST]

Israel has an effective wall. It works.

Israeli does not have a wall, they have a fence. As far as building a wall across the US. Illegal immigrants are already propping ladders against the barriers we have to hop on over. It is doing nothing to slow them down. If Trump wants to build a 30 foot wall, all those immigrants have to do is easily go to the store and buy a 32 foot ladder…industrialladder.com/werner-d6232-2-32-fiberglass-extension-ladder-300lb-capacity.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwmf6-BRDi9fSN7Ijt1wUSJAASawcj6jpxNBGTSIALW4O6RtGTvWkvX8-gF2vvlgbvK5iS1BoC3YLw_wcB
They’re cheap
How will a wall prevent illigal immigrants from doing what they’re already doing now? Which is to use ladders…breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/27/report-illegal-immigrants-using-strategically-place-ladders-cross-border/

If anything a solid wall will hurt efforts to stop illegal immigrants, border patrol wont be able to see people climbing over until theyre already on our side.

You hit it on the head especially with the ladders.

Plus, ICE gets good chunk of money and technology. These guys might do their jobs, but politicians on both sides of the aisle don’t get down to business and get work done.

What you need to understand is that out of that 400 milie barrier around the West Bank, it is 90% barbed wire fencing. The other 10 % is concrete slabs( that you pictured) around the Urban areas. It you want to put a numerical value to it for imagery, it would be more accurate to say the Israelis built 360 mile fencing, with 40 miles of concrete wall slabs…and then to be more accurate you need to be showing me more pictures of the vast majority of what that wall is made of, which is fencing

google.com/search?q=israeli+border+fence&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=nisv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnv-rIs5zPAhUH8mMKHfI8D14Q_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=560#tbm=isch&q=israeli+west+bank+barrier&imgrc=q3zsgd3czdlW-M%3A

No the Israelis did not build a 400 mile long solid concrete wall. It is not an accurate portrayal at all of what they did

I will vote for Trump any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If you folks are really serious about being catholic and/or christian, there is no other choice. Now, I know the Catholic Charities get a pile of money for bring in all these “migrants”, but, enough is enough. I also have it on good authority that the Bishops get a nice “little” kickback from all this activity. God Help Us!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.