Poll for those who consider themselves traditionalists

For the purposes of this thread, traditionalists are defined by me as:

Those having an exclusive or non-exclusive preference for Mass as celebrated according to the Missal of 1962.*

Please answer the poll question, “If you were in a situation in which it were impossible for you to attend Mass in the Extraordinary Form, would you, if possible, attend Mass according to the Book of Divine Worship (Anglican Use), the liturgy as celebrated by the Ordinariate parishes in the USA, instead of attending Mass in the Ordinary Form if there were no OF Masses celebrated in a way comparable to the EF?”

*Please, no hateful critiques of my definition of traditionalist! It is necessary to have the poll I want to have. Thank you!

Please also remember that there is to be no bashing of the various rites, uses, and forms.

and I forgot the poll, great

You should be able to go back and add it in, try editing the post.

Tried that, the poll option was not available.

I have attended the Anglican Use Mass under these circumstances and I would do so again.

If the Anglican Use Mass was the only reverent Mass available, I would. Likewise for eastern/Oriental Catholic Divine Liturgies.

God Bless

Maybe just start a new thread (with the poll) then PM the moderator and ask that this thread be deleted.

Yeah, make a new thread.

:console:

Probably not. My preference is EF or Divine Liturgy, and I can’t imagine living somewhere where at least one of those options is not available.

Put me in the ‘yes’ column for traditionalist…

• “If you were in a situation in which it were impossible for you to attend Mass in the Extraordinary Form, would you, if possible, attend Mass according to the Book of Divine Worship (Anglican Use), the liturgy as celebrated by the Ordinariate parishes in the USA, instead of attending Mass in the Ordinary Form if there were no OF Masses celebrated in a way comparable to the EF?”*

I’m not certain… but then again I live in a town where there is no EF or Ordinate, so I’m stuck without driving 250 miles roundtrip to the nearest EF…

If my town had the Ordinate and OF, I’d likely go to both, depending on the solemnity of each. However, I cannot foresee myself replacing the EF entirely by the Ordinate. Eventually, I’ll move to where there is an EF parish, and settle down. Eventually. I hope! :smiley:

Side note: the availability of the EF is likely going to be the determining factor for where I will live my life.

Haha I know what you mean! I’m graduating in a year or so, and planning to move an hour and a half away to St. Louis. The Institute’s presence there, along with multiple Eastern Catholic Rites, a Latin Novus Ordo, and our two Basilicas all provide many great choices for a catholic to choose from. Plus, we have great Italian, German, Polish and Hispanic districts with great food.

Institute’s Oratory

Cathedral Basilica

I’d attend an Eastern Catholic Church, preferably Ukrainian Catholic.

Make a new thread! We need a poll.

Since I am not Anglican,I would not. The same as I would not attend an Orthodox liturgy…

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Now THAT is funny.

You’ll have to start again. But keep your question simple.

Thomas Casey

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.