Poll: Hillary Clinton’s numbers worst since 2008, as GOP brand surges

A new poll shows former secretary of state Hillary Clinton’s (D) numbers hitting their lowest point in six years.

Meanwhile, it finds that the Republican Party is experiencing something of a renaissance.

The Fox News poll, from Democratic pollster Anderson Robbins Research and GOP pollster Shaw & Company, shows Clinton’s favorable rating dropping to 49 percent, compared to 45 percent unfavorable.

washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/17/poll-hillary-clintons-numbers-worst-since-2008-as-gop-brand-surges

Three words…“Fox News poll.”

And that makes it wrong? Give me a break.

How is the Republican Party experiencing a renaissance? What are they doing differently? I am somewhat wary about polls of this kind coming from a biased source, whether conservative or liberal. Besides, such early polls are virtually meaningless.

The fact that Fox had Romney leading Obama by one percentage point a week before the 2012 election doesn’t point to a record of accuracy.

There’s a reason studies have shown its viewers to be more ill-informed than those who watch no news at all.

According to Fox News polls, the GOP has been in excellent condition for a long time.:rolleyes:

The poll is unreliable because it’s skewed. By its nature it’s going to get far more responses from conservatives than liberals. It’s the same reason that you shouldn’t listen when an MSNBC poll tells you that Clinton’s numbers are 80%+.

Pretty much.

It’s funny how folks around here disregarding polls they don’t like and taut the ones they do.

But there is a long history of this.

Look back at CAF approaching the 2012 race.

I know. Everyone really believed that Romney would be the next president, despite the mountainous evidence to the contrary.

GOP brand surges??? That’s news to me.

This is an interesting article on the GOP brand: realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/03/30/pope_francis_blueprint_for_republican_rebranding_122099.html

The Fox News poll is for the GOP NOT Conservatives.

GOP leaders Boehner and McConnell only embrace Conservative principles when their jobs are on the line.

If people knew the REAL Hillary, her approval ratings would be hovering around 10%. She is one nasty woman whose word is always suspect. :o Rob

Does the poll from October show excellent condition for the Republican party:

The more surprising part of the Fox poll, though, might be how people view the Republican Party. It shows Americans are now evenly split – 45 percent to 45 percent – on the GOP. As recently as October, the same poll showed just 30 percent of Americans viewed the GOP favorably, compared to 63 percent unfavorable.

washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/17/poll-hillary-clintons-numbers-worst-since-2008-as-gop-brand-surges

Would you trust a PPP poll? PPP is a Democratic pollster. The Fox news poll was done by a Democrat pollster and a Republican pollster.

The poll was done for Fox news but it was done by a Democrat pollster and a Republican pollster.

Okay, using your logic - I reject your “studies” (which you have not cited) because I view those studies to come from a source biased towards the left. There.

Here is the methodology of the poll: (my bold italics)

The Fox News Poll is conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research ®. The poll was conducted by telephone with live interviewers April 13-15, 2014 among ***a random national sample of 1,012 registered voters (RV)***. Results based on the full sample have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points. Landline and cell phone telephone numbers were randomly selected for inclusion in the survey using a probability proportionate to size method, which means that phone numbers for each state are proportional to the number of voters in each state. Results are of registered voters, unless otherwise noted.

LV = likely voters

Results from Fox News polls before February 2011 were conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corp

Its kind of funny- the rather knee-jerk reaction among the liberals here on CAF to dismiss this poll shows perhaps an underlying fear that the poll could be right? Let’s hope so.

Ishii

Ap-GFK poll released this month shows an increase in favourability for Republicans.

abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/ap-gfk-poll-election-indicators-suggest-gop-edge-23205852

Actually I wouldn’t mind if Hillary Clinton does not run in 2016, and the same for Jeb Bush (not that the latter is a likely candidate or wants to run), even though I think that would be quite a race. Enough of the Clintons and the Bushes; let’s get some younger, possibly not well known, candidates with fresh ideas.

I find this quite hilarious. A few months ago the prevailing opinion was that Repubs didn’t have a chance of ever holding office again in the forseeable future. Now they are expected to take both the house and senate.

I was just reading this morning that Harkin’s spot is almost an assured win for the Republicans. (I think it’s still too early to start betting on that race.)

The only thing guaranteed at this point is that public opinion will change several more times before the elections.

In politics, a few months before an election (or years, in the case of the presidential election) - can be an eternity. Fortunes can rise and fall. And rise again. Trends go one way, then another. Events cannot be controlled. All kinds of things can happen. A poll is a snapshot taken at a moment in time capturing the views of a sample of people.

Btw, I think the GOP has been viewed as likely keeping the House for quite a while. Their chances of taking the senate have increased in past months. But who knows. It depends on the nominees and whether they make a gaffe which will be magnified by the left-wing press who wants to skew the election in the Democrats favor. The press biased. It is what it is. The nominees better not say anything stupid if they want a chance of winning.

Ishii

I sincerely hope that Hillary Clinton does not win the presidency in the upcoming elections. I really think that she would be bad for this country like Obama is. For one thing, she is very much pro-abortion. For another, I think she generally supports things like “same-sex marriage” and such too.

Yes. It is so obvious and simple. Yet that is lost on so many Catholics who find excuses to vote for those people who support those policies which go against morality. As I have said a few times already - it is not surprising that those catholics who end up voting for Obama et al, tend to be the ones who don’t attend church regularly and presumably don’t take their faith very seriously.

Ishii

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.