Poll: Mitch McConnell opens wide lead in re-election bid [The Beginning of a Wave Election?]

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) looks increasingly safe in his re-election bid, as a new NBC News/Marist poll gives him a healthy eight-point lead over Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes.

In the poll, McConnell leads 47 percent to 39 percent among likely voters, continuing a recent trend that has seen him begin to open up some distance in the race. A handful of other polls last week gave McConnell a four- or five-point lead. Before McConnell thwarted a GOP primary challenger earlier this year, polls showed the race deadlocked, and a few gave Grimes a slim edge.

The latest New York Times election forecast — which does not yet factor in the NBC poll — gives McConnell a 93 percent chance of holding his seat.

theweek.com/speedreads/index/267678/speedreads-poll-mitch-mcconnell-opens-wide-lead-in-re-election-bid?utm_source=links&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=speedreads

Here is the Real Clear Politics senate map:
realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/2014_elections_senate_map.html

Five Thirty Eight’s Senate Model:
fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/senate-forecast/

In my opinion is funny how people say, we need to clean house. In general terms that means everyone. But yet the majority of the time the same people whom the people in the country complain about continue to get re-elected. I just think people blow a lot of smoke.

Sad but true.

It may be a wave election but Kentucky isn’t a bellweather state.

In this case we need to clean the Senate; re-electing Mitch McConnell is a good start in replacing Harry Reid.

The time to get McConnell ousted was in the Republican primary. After that, it makes no sense to put another pro-abortion Democrat in office.

True.

But the mission to remove McConell remains unchanged.

And the same goes for.Boehner.

Liberal Republican or Demoocrat makes no difference.

But McConnel has been there a while. I know when Bush was in office he along with Frist the majority leader of the Senate, he was not very instrumental in that time.

I am not a fan of either mcConell or boehner. But I wouldn’t call them liberal Republicans. And I would rather have a senate controlled by Republicans than a rubber stamp for Obama’s Supreme Court justice nominations.

Ishii

I would like to see term limits imposed on all federal politicians.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.