Poll: Most Americans call Trump's tweets targeting 4 congresswomen 'un-American'

Form the topline:

Nearly 2 in 3 call it racist; less than 1 in 5 disagree. Only ~1 in 3 three of the Republicans disagree that it is a racist statement.

3 Likes

So? (10 chars)

1 Like

We have had a long thread that involved considerable discussion about whether or not Trump’s tweets are racist. I thought it worthwhile to post the results of a Ipsos poll that indicates that, by a very strong majority, Americans view them as racist, with only a small minority disagreeing with that assessmetn. Even only a small minority of Republicans.

This kind of news lifts up hearts.

5 Likes

Dems don’t act like they think they’re going to coast to victory.

1 Like

Not sure that is about.

I am lifted up by seeing, notwithstanding all of the shocking defenses of Trump on the other threads, that a large majority of Americans have more stringent standards and recognize that telling minority Americans to “go back where they came form” is a racist statement. And that few disagree with that perspective - even among Republicans.

1 Like

“America, love it or leave it.” “Go back to where you came from.”

Nativism is alive and well in America, and in the White House.

3 Likes

Seriously? I can take a poll and make it say anything I want it to say.

The USA TODAY/Ipsos Poll of 1,005 people, taken online Monday and Tuesday,

I would hardly call 1005 people “most Americans”. I would also guess this poll was done in a heavily democratic town or area.

5 Likes

Just curious, but are you as sceptical when the poll is supportive of the President?

5 Likes

The more people find out about these 4 representatives, the more these figures could change.

1 Like

Seriously?

Seriously? Would you like some references to articles on sampling theory.

LOL. The poll is not about choosing between Trump or these four. The question was about what Trump did. The result: the tweet was racist.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m skeptical of most polls. It’s pretty easy to make them say whatever you want if you’re any good at it. Most polls by news organizations are designed to create a narrative than actually provide useful information. Campaign internal polls are usually pretty reliable though, but we rarely see those.

2 Likes

I understand the skepticism of bias in a lot of the news media, but you do not think a person’s individual campaign workers do not suffer from bias?

1 Like

In case someone does not understand the difference, I can say for me personally that I see in this tweet a rephrasing of John Birch slogan’s, but I would never choose at least two of these women over Trump, though as I said a few years ago, it would be like choosing between Moloch and Mammon.

There is hope.

1 Like

The morning after the tweet, I saw DNC spokesman and GMA anchor George Stephanopoulos say they were racist tweets. This was parroted by a “reporter “ at the White House, as well as the rest of the progressive media nonstop.
I’m not surprised by the poll.

1 Like

His tweets were nationalist (USA), not racist.

Very few obviously read the tweets.

2 Likes

How many of these surveyed will vote?

Trump enjoy 50% approval with registered voters.

1 Like

Well, there ya go…who can argue with this? LOL

Many read your repeated (at least twice) mantra that the tweets were nationalistic not racist.

Nationalism (whether American or other) has been the source of as many atrocities, world wide, as racism has.

I’m not giving Trump a pass on some sort of perverted technicality.

Amazing!

USA Today is a mother of Fake News, so don’t take it seriously

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.