Poll: Support for Gay Marriage May Be Leveling Off- ABC

Poll: Support for Gay Marriage May Be Leveling Off

A survey released Monday from the Pew Research Center indicates American support for same-sex marriage could be leveling off after several years of dramatic growth in acceptance of equal rights for gays and lesbians.

The study’s authors caution it’s too soon to draw any definitive conclusions. But the new poll released Monday found a 5 percentage point drop since February, from 54 percent to 49 percent, in Americans who want legal recognition for same-sex relationships. The percentage of those opposed increased during that same period, from 39 percent in February to 41 percent last month.

The poll of 2,002 adults, conducted Sept. 2-9, has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/poll-support-gay-marriage-leveling-off-25678805

ABC but let’s see Life Site News’ headline on the same story just for “balance”.

**Pew poll shows drop in support for same-sex ‘marriage’: new trend or a blip? **

Support for same-sex “marriage” is down by five points since 2010, according to a new Pew Research poll.

lifesitenews.com/news/pew-poll-shows-drop-in-support-for-same-sex-marriage-new-trend-or-a-blip

Much better, I’m not sure of all the particulars myself. I hope this trend continues. People jumped on the same-sex marriage bandwagon too quickly from what I can see and we have had an administration who seemingly opportunistically, aided the cause.

To me, the headline should read more like “Support for Same-Sex Marriage Has Dropped”. Period.

“dramatic growth in acceptance of equal rights for gays and lesbians”

Shameless reporting for a news source that would claim objectivity.

I hope that this is true. I also hope that support for “gay marriage” plummets in the coming months and years as people really wake up to the travesty that “gay marriage” is and to the disastrous effects that it has already had on our society and will continue to have. I am sure someone may ask what kind of disastrous effects I am thinking of. Well, I am thinking of the attacks on religious freedom which have resulted for one thing. A photographer, baker, florist, and a farm owner have all faced lawsuits for refusing to violate their deeply held religious beliefs by providing services to “gay weddings”. That is a violation of their religious freedom.

How about the other long term disastrous effects, like children becoming complete sociopaths by the time they mature due to being raised by homosexual because theyd be lacking a genuine, vital, child-parent bond, and a lack of experiencing authentic parental love? Imagine a society of sociopaths and psychopaths running around - utter chaos.

I have never heard of the idea that children could become sociopaths or psychopaths because they are raised by homosexuals. Do you have any evidence to back this up?

That said, I have to agree that they lack a genuine, vital, child-parent bond because of the lack of a male and female role model as mother and father.

There is no evidence for thos specific scenario because gay marriage has never been legal before. It will take at least a generation to collect data and observe. Is that really a chance we’re willing to take and risk the well being of many innocent children? Children aren’t lab rats.

However, it is already shown that children who come from broken homes, suffer neglect, and have never experienced real care and love, are very prone to becoming psycho/socio-paths. And yes, a homosexual home is indeed a broken home.

That said, I have to agree that they lack a genuine, vital, child-parent bond because of the lack of a male and female role model as mother and father.

They also dont experience real love many times because the homosexual couple who adopts them typically sees a child as a commodity and as an object that can bring happinness, fulfillment, and “equality”. If you notice, the homosexual is not thinking of the child’s best interests, but rather their own.

Wow! Wouldn’t that be great? :slight_smile:

Only if you have a good reason to believe a 5% drop in anything is going to be of significance. :shrug:

There seems to be increasing evidence that children who are not raised in a traditional family home are at distinctive disadvantage.

What I can say for certain is so amount of yelling, screaming or persecution of researchers will change natural law or the facts.

Oh, and Congress and the Courts can’t do that by overturning bans either.

I wouldn’t read into it too much, but so-called gay “marriage” cannot sustain itself.

I think the best argument so far is that studies that show parents in homosexual relationships to be as good or better than a child’s biological parents do not have proper scientific sampling methodology.

Naturally, the researchers who found this out and agree with it were attacked.

But more objective research is starting to show that homosexual relationships, like other non-traditional relationships, do not bode well for kids.

A study at University of Minnesota recently showed that kids without their biological parents are at distinctive disadvantages.

Keep in mind too that even before gay “marriage” become the calling card of the Western left that the highest rates of sexual abuse in families were between stepfathers and step daughters.

I don’t want to be seen as knocking adoption in the era of abortion on demand, but natural law of biological ties and genetics speaks for itself, and no amount of sniveling human feelings are going to undo 220 million years of mammalian evolution or God’s plan.

Feelings and emotions have no place in science, and I suspect we’ll see more studies that show the traditional family is not so interchangeable.

I also expect those reaching such conclusions to be attacked in the same manner as those who disagree with man-made “climate change”. :rolleyes:

There is no evidence for thos specific scenario because gay marriage has never been legal before. It will take at least a generation to collect data and observe. Is that really a chance we’re willing to take and risk the well being of many innocent children? Children aren’t lab rats.

Like it or not, studies have been done and are being done.:shrug:

Like it or not, gay adoption is occurring. :shrug:

My issue isnt with studies directly, its playing with childrens lives by letting gays adopt them with no evidence that it is healthy and for the child’s well being. Essentially, that is treating them as lab rats, learning as we go along. And like it or not, I firmly believe that it isnt healthy and we’ll likely all observe that for ourselves in a generation from now. My question is directed at those who are for gay adoption, when we see in the future the utter chaos this society will be in. Was it worth it?

Look on the bright side, if the worst happens, you have your evidence. :shrug:

What a horrible way to view a child who fell victim to gay adoption, as evidence and as an experiment.

To hear the media and TV tell it it is leveling off because something can not grow beyond a statistical 100 percent…

Maybe support for gay marriage was never really all that high to begin with. The media likes to inflate things.

Like it or not, homosexuals will always exist, they are humans and actually have high chances of raising excellent human beings, just as heterosexual couples, many, especially with more children than they can handle, get to raise total idiots. Stop being hypocrites.

So all adopted children are sociopaths because they weren’t raised by their biological parents?

All I know is that I’d rather be raised by a caring, functional gay couple than a crazed, abusive straight couple - if those were the two choices presented to me :shrug:

:thumbsup:
Homosexuality has become the Church’s inescapable dividing line
*But, as I argued at the time, there is no third way. A church or denomination **will **either **believe and teach *that same-sex behaviors and relationships are sinful, or it will affirm them. In short order, every single congregation in America will face the same decision — do we affirm same-sex relationships or not? Those who suggest that there is some way around this “binary” choice are fooling themselves and confusing the church.
*Division is always painful, but on a clear question of biblical truth, division is sometimes the only act that faithfulness to **Scripture **will allow. This is one of those moments, and homosexuality and same-sex marriage now loom as the great dividing line that will tear some denominations apart and lead others to define the terms of their **convictional *cooperation. The unanimous vote by the Executive Committee is a sign that the Southern Baptist Convention intends to stand without compromise on this question — and that the members of the committee saw the impossibility of any third way.
[/FONT]http://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/homosexuality-has-become-the-churchs-inescapable-dividing-line?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+N ewsletter&utm_campaign=843b3bd2db-LifeSiteNews_com_Canada_Headlines_06_19_ 2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0caba61 0ac-843b3bd2db-326156810

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.