Poll Workers--Pray!

I will be working at the polls on election day. By this I mean I’ll be paid by the county elections office–not working for any party or cause.

I know we will be very busy but there can be quiet times and I intend to pray silently to myself when I can. Any other poll workers want to join me?

Does anyone have a suggestion of a short prayer that can be used for this? About the shortest one I can think of is the Glory Be…

I’m lucky that my polling place is close to my church. I will be going there on my breaks (we are allowed one in the AM and one in the PM) to pray also.

It isn’t very short but does apply. **Father, you guide and govern everything with order and love. Look upon the assembly of our national leaders and fill them with the spirit of your wisdom. May they always act in accordance with your will and their decisions be for the peace and well-being of all. Amen!

Almighty and everlasting God, you direct the powers and laws of all nations; mercifully regard those who rule over us, that, by your protecting right hand, the integrity of religion and the security of each country might prevail everywhere on earth. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Thank you Myhouse! I will use those prayers.

:gopray:

Amen to these prayers

*“Almighty and everlasting God, you direct the powers and laws of all nations; mercifully regard those who rule over us, that, by your protecting right hand, the integrity of religion and the security of each country might prevail everywhere on earth. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.”

“Father, you guide and govern everything with order and love. Look upon the assembly of our national leaders and fill them with the spirit of your wisdom. May they always act in accordance with your will and their decisions be for the peace and well-being of all. Amen!”*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.