Polls finds stark Catholic racial divide on Trump v. Clinton

Not true. Try again with more details.

Vague. But what isn’t vague is Clinton’s plans to continue the genocide of the unborn. Very much against the gospel, and hardly social justice. Also, she will end religious freedom, say goodby to this website.

I am referring to the Christian faith as a whole.

Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hillary supporter…

Please we had enough drama for two weeks and what we learned was HIllary is not only incompetent but greatly helped create an apartheid prison system. And has all us taxpayers paying for it including the NAACP and everyone else. Then she would exclude herself and point to the white people and blame them and lie to the black people. Shes despicable.

And the polls perhaps is a product of all the drama like the shootings via social media and media politics.

I disagree with you on this. As we saw in the poll, Hispanic Catholics lean heavily toward Clinton, and my guess is that many of them are in the pews every week. Plus, in my circle, the Catholics are social justice leaning and hands-down Democrats. They all are active in their parishes. I know very few Trump-voting practicing Catholics. Some, but not many.

I am neither a Hillary supporter nor a Trump supporter.

Donald Trump has realized far more success in the business world then he has failures…good try but it holds no water your weak assertion:rolleyes:

I’m a hardcore Bernie supporter.

Go to church every week. During the summer (I’m a teacher) I go to noon Mass sometimes. I’m on the parish council. I pray frequently. My faith is of utmost importance to me.

I don’t say that to brag, but because I know someone is going to question whether I’m a “practicing Catholic.”

I am.

I am a Bernie guy. I will be reluctantly voting for Hillary.

Neither mainstream candidate represents Christianity as taught by the Church. Yes, they both support some teachings of the faith, but they are both so wrong in sonmany areasthat I can’t in good conscience vote for either.

I’m seriously hoping for something crazy to happen at both parties’ conventions, and neither “presumptive” nominee leaves with the nomination.

He talked about massively binging on debt for the US then if we could pay it back, cool, if not negotiate lower payments or go bankrupt. While that works well and dandy for real estate companies to do for the US would be horrific even if it were just hair cuts and not bankruptcy. Then he later backpedaled and said he’d just print money instead of bankruptcy.

“When I drink my little wine — which is about the only wine I drink — and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/02/01/donald-trump-accidentally-put-money-in-the-communion-plate-at-a-church-in-iowa/

Wine and crackers especially with a little cheese on the crackers sounds like an appetizer or an hors d’oeuvre.

I have a lot of respect for your posts, Ridgerunner, but this is off here. Even in any mainstream form of OSAS or Perseverance of the Saints (I believe Trump is Presbyterian, IIRC) forgiveness of sins is sought as soon as one realizes one has sinned and repented.

There are some less common, very controversial groups of Evangelicals who have a pretty complicated, nuanced, developed, soteriology called “hyper grace”; it may be that some on the extreme ends of “hyper grace” may not ask forgiveness. But they at least have a developed—though wrong-- theology to go with that practice.

Trump, however, just seems to me to be ignorant of Presbyterian theology. And so his comment scares me, as I don’t think it’s the result of any teaching, Presbyterian or otherwise. I think the natural, basic human response of a humble, relatively thoughtful, God-fearing person is to regularly, instinctively, ask for forgiveness. A particular sort of theological teaching (such as hyper grace, for example) may override that instinct; but if a person doesn’t lose it due to a certain kind of theology, and they don’t have that basic relational instinct to confess sins and ask forgiveness of other beings (divine or human) in themselves, well, then, that really, really worries me.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong in being so troubled by Trump. I have no trust in Clinton either. This is the most disturbing election I’ve had to face in my voting life.

Why Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Latino Vote

latinorebels.com/2016/02/11/why-hillary-clinton-doesnt-deserve-the-latino-vote2/

thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

From the crime bill to welfare reform, policies Bill Clinton enacted—and Hillary Clinton supported—decimated black America

When Clinton left office in 2001, the United States had the highest rate of incarceration in the world. Human Rights Watch reported that in seven states, African Americans constituted 80 to 90 percent of all drug offenders sent to prison, even though they were no more likely than whites to use or sell illegal drugs. Prison admissions for drug offenses reached a level in 2000 for African Americans more than 26 times the level in 1983. All of the presidents since 1980 have contributed to mass incarceration, but as Equal Justice Initiative founder Bryan Stevenson recently observed, “President Clinton’s tenure was the worst.”

America is in trouble and everyone sees it, Hillary is more of the above.

American Catholics are pro-abortion by similar numbers too.

As a Catholic I could never vote for Hillary Clinton a/cs he’s pro-choice and I am very much pro-life – abortion is killing babies – if they were doing this to animals the country would be “up in arms”!!!

This seems be the new trend. Clinton supporters really never talk about what it is she’s going to do for the country but instead continually whine about how Trump is a bigot and a misogynist and by the way did you hear that five of this 514 businesses went bankrupt in the last 40 years?

I realize that one could make a legitimate argument for Trump that he is more in favor of religious freedom than Hillary (maybe), but as far as him ‘representing the faith,’ I feel that Christianity - and any religion really - is about acknowledging something greater than yourself, external to yourself, and Trump seems incapable of doing just that; he is the greatest thing in his field of vision.

And what do Trump supporters talk about besides how horrible Clinton is?

Immigration reform, tax reform, taking the burden off small business owners, avoiding “nation building” military operations overseas that have been costly in American lives, foreign trade policies, job creation policies, etc. etc.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.