Polls

Anyone else here think the number of polls on the forums is somewhat out of control? There is nothing wrong with a certain number of polls but I think it is out of hand after awhile.

[quote=ServusChristi]Anyone else here think the number of polls on the forums is somewhat out of control? There is nothing wrong with a certain number of polls but I think it is out of hand after awhile.
[/quote]

Ryan:

I think you need to take a poll on that:whacky:

PF

Hey WA!

Good to see you. May God richly bless you this Easter!

[quote=WanderAimlessly]Ryan:

I think you need to take a poll on that:whacky:

PF
[/quote]

drats you beat me to it :smiley:

[quote=ServusChristi]Anyone else here think the number of polls on the forums is somewhat out of control? There is nothing wrong with a certain number of polls but I think it is out of hand after awhile.
[/quote]

I see polls as a natural need to understand the people we are communicating with. Rejecting polls on forums such as this is like being an introvert at a new level. Try and loosen up.

Polls are ok

But often the choices seem to reflect what the poster is looking for
I find that on many polls ( whether here or else where) I don’t like any of the choices

I guess for me they raise 2 interesting issues

In many religious traditions if there is a difference of opinion within a congregation it is not uncommon for one group to pack up and move down the street to a new “church”. So polls matter a lot there I would guess. But, in a centralized hierarchical organization like the Catholic Church do polls matter? This ain’t no democracy; we don’t vote on faith and morals.

But then I started thinking (a terrible problem of mine I know)

I was thinking…… if 98.34% of people believe a certain way then what are the practical implications for a church if that belief is contrary to the “official” rules?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.